forum

fps dropz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mystV
i want to know how to avoid fps drops because theyre annoying and ruin my scores (and sessions)

i tried optimizing the gameplay but the fps drops still appear out of no where, whether if its solo or multi

how to avoid fps drops is the question
McEndu
you might need more main memory

by either actually buying more RAM, or just closing all other apps like the browser (browsers are pretty RAM-greedy)
Topic Starter
mystV

McEndu wrote:

you might need more main memory

by either actually buying more RAM, or just closing all other apps like the browser (browsers are pretty RAM-greedy)
i dont wanna buy ram cuz im broke so, is there any way to gain memory other than closing browsers (which is what i do)
DeltaNami
Check task manager and see if there are background tasks running that you can close out while playing.

You might also want to double check your BIOS settings for your motherboard and see if your RAM is running at its highest speed.
Entropy21
at the settings, turn on reduced dropped frames option
it will reduce your fps a bit, but it will make dropped frames less likely to happen
also make your background dim to 100% for more horsepower
Topic Starter
mystV

Entropy21 wrote:

at the settings, turn on reduced dropped frames option
it will reduce your fps a bit, but it will make dropped frames less likely to happen
also make your background dim to 100% for more horsepower
i selected the reduced dropped frames option, i can clearly see some difference during solo plays, but i realized there are still frequent fps drops that occur while playing in multi matches
Entropy21
if thats the case then there are still options
  1. multiplayer, press tab to hide leadearboard
  2. skins, at your skins folder, high quality assets has @2x on them, remove them
  3. screen resolution, lower them as you see fit, adjust ur skin when changing this
juicing every bit of performance for gameplay, if else doesnt work then you need to upgrade that bad boy
Topic Starter
mystV

Entropy21 wrote:

if thats the case then there are still options
  1. multiplayer, press tab to hide leadearboard
  2. skins, at your skins folder, high quality assets has @2x on them, remove them
  3. screen resolution, lower them as you see fit, adjust ur skin when changing this
juicing every bit of performance for gameplay, if else doesnt work then you need to upgrade that bad boy
for the first option yes i do hide leaderboards during multis
for the second option, im probz gonna remove the @2x from some assets (because its gonna be too time consuming)
for the third option, im not used to smaller resolutions, i usually go for full screen because its way readable for me

i cant upgrade my pc because im broke :(