forum

Graveyard Beatmaps (Tier List?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
I wanna let YOU guys (and myself) rank all the graveyard stuff that you have found!
DeletedUser_13957006
i think this belongs in off-topic
lewski
my brother in christ i am not going to read all that

anyway this is the only graved map that matters beatmapsets/39991#osu/127148
Eni
I think osu! is old enough that no one will ever find all the amazing maps in graveyard. Maps tend to get popular based on song choice, not how good they're mapped. Even if you're a famous mapper, no one will play your map if you don't map a popular song or it doesn't reward performance points.

"Rankable" is a pretty low standard, but it does help filter out mappers that don't know what they're doing. Players don't care how good a map is as long as 1) it's a song they like and 2) they can play it, and even then there will always be players that like maps way above their skill level simply because it's a popular map or a song they like. Only when it's within their skill level, but still too hard, is when they start complaining.

There's a ton of unknown mappers out there that I absolutely love with 0 ranked, such as umitya, Antlia-, and blarpblarp. I assume there's many, many more mappers out there that I'll never get the opportunity to even see the maps of in my lifetime.
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22

lewski wrote:

my brother in christ i am not going to read all that

anyway this is the only graved map that matters beatmapsets/39991#osu/127148

Ok that one's just perfect. As soon as I turned auto on I was astonished of how good it is!
Sophie Twilight
Since when Big Black and Freedom Dive is high quality?
abraker
Pretty sure any old map that's good but not ranked should be listed here https://loved.sh/submissions/osu
McEndu
Silver SS is pretty much...copyright infringement, unless it is the mapper who reuploaded it with rates or something.

P.S. As long as your map makes sense, you can push it to rank with some modifications
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22

McEndu wrote:

Silver SS is pretty much...copyright infringement, unless it is the mapper who reuploaded it with rates or something.

P.S. As long as your map makes sense, you can push it to rank with some modifications
(well what I actually meant was uhh that hmmm, lemme tell an example of what I exactly meant: He could just hit the upload button when he sees one of his graveyards being so good. He then press the edit button and after a minute of struggling to find this map, he finally finds this mysterious thing. He goes to the editor and JUST hits the upload button of his "flawless graveyarded beatmap" that everyone says and then gets like 5 million plays after 3 years xD) (sounds just as impossible as it actually is, we all HD farmers know that we get "random" 100's...and flashlight...FLASHLIGHT...FLASHLIGHT..........FLASHLIGHT....F L A S H L I G H T
Sophie Twilight
So basically it is based on popularity.
tity

Sophie Twilight wrote:

So basically it is based on popularity.
yeah i was actually gonna list graveyarded maps i like but god damn if its a popularity contest this isnt for me
Corne2Plum3
Dude, SS > Silver S...
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
uhhh...oh godd..uh...well I removed all the stupid tier thingies I just mentioned..