forum

[duplicate] [web]an organized beatmap request system

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
vantheman
I looked around some and didn't see this;

I arrived at this idea from the thoughts "I'd like to map something and go for ranking, I don't have a strong preference as to what I'm mapping, and I'd like to map a song that people would want to play". No doubt, maps get voted higher just for being on a song the players want to hear.

Beatmap requests aren't allowed because by themselves, in a single thread(I understand this is what existed long ago before the ban?), they are just cluttersome, spam to be ignored, random users randomly posting random requests for random songs.
But what if they had a star priority system? In their own forum? Then mappers could walk in knowing "oh, it's an attack on titan theme people most want mapped, okay, I'll map that". Useless random data can be useful if it's sorted, is my conjecture.

Like, for example, if I'd like to map a drum and bass song, but don't really care which one, so I could browse said imaginary forum until I find a highly upvoted drum and bass song, it'd be useful to myself and the community (if I produce a good map). Said forum could also connect a mapper with things like a useable mp3 and relevant skin elements etc.

Or, since most mappers would probably ignore it, are the forum servers happier if all the beatmap request puppies aren't barking? That's the cost side of it, as far as I know.
deadbeat
here's the thing, there used to be a thread where you could go and request someone to make a beatmaps. the problem was, nearly none of the requests were being taken. that's why it was closed and why we don't really allow beatmap request threads. no one was taking that requests. no matter how good the system is, it's useless if the requests are being accepted
Topic Starter
vantheman
But did it do anything to prioritize the requests?
deadbeat
again, what use is a good system, if no one wants to take beatmap requests
Topic Starter
vantheman
if I had a way of knowing what the community would appreciate, it'd make all the difference, I'd be more than willing pick up a request and start mapping it right now
so there's at least one person
deadbeat
honestly, if you want to take requests, then good on you, but i doubt there'll be enough people will to take requests. i'm going to deny this as a duplicate for now. but if people want to post here saying that they'll be more than happy to take mapping requests, maybe we can look more into this
Topic Starter
vantheman
thank you for your consideration