forum

keyboard stuff

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
manialegend123
I’ve been using a laptop and was wondering if using an actual keyboard and pc will help my gameplay or not?
Blushing
Completely preference (to a certain point). As far as I am concerned it can cause a lot of unwarranted issues if a USB port breaks or doesn't want to read the external keyboard inputs correctly or at all. It also takes up more space on a desk/table so there is that; however, you can not have to use the laptop keyboard so close to your laptop screen, there can be better switches, your keyboard can be more flexible of where you play most comfortably, etc.
mystV
i guess yeah

laptop keyboards are not the best for mania gaming so id buy a mech keyboard to enhance my gameplay

buying a pc will also benefit your gameplay because like what the user above me said, you can not have to use the laptop keyboard so close to your laptop screen
McEndu
I don't think a laptop keyboard would be a major bottleneck for 4K, and using an external keyboard may or may not help.

For 7K it definitely helps. (because a laptop keyboard is unlikely to allow you to press more than 6 keys at a time
Hoshimegu Mio

McEndu wrote:

I don't think a laptop keyboard would be a major bottleneck for 4K, and using an external keyboard may or may not help.

For 7K it definitely helps. (because a laptop keyboard is unlikely to allow you to press more than 6 keys at a time
Laptop keyboards usually don't go as fast as mechanical ones though. Finding a laptop keyboard that is actually good is like finding a specific grain of sand at the bottom of the sea.