forum

song preview

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ ret ]
beatmapsets/1765689#osu/3614254

why is the song preview of my map like this?
aiq
the audio file is encoded as an AAC instead of a mp3

to fix that, just put it in audacity and export it as mp3
Sophie Twilight
damn, that's really interesting audio preview

perfect for electronic maps
Blushing
Hm. I don't think it is the audio file encoding as the update time (7hours ago as of this post) matches BEFORE Aiq replied, which means it was already an Mp3 (more than likely). Can you confirm that this was a mp3 before Aiq's suggestion? If it wasnt then there is no need to go further as the preview audio can take up to a day to change.

Also, if you are going to go for ranked status then you need to have the audio bitrate within the 128 - 192 kbps, you'll need to compress it to 192 kpbs

Also, just suggestion but you could try replacing the current audio file with another one that you can find (preferably not from the same source as you got it from since it can lead to the same issue).
aiq

Blushing wrote:

Hm. I don't think it is the audio file encoding as the update time (7hours ago as of this post) matches BEFORE Aiq replied, which means it was already an Mp3 (more than likely). Can you confirm that this was a mp3 before Aiq's suggestion? If it wasnt then there is no need to go further as the preview audio can take up to a day to change.
i am actually surprised it isn't encoded as an .aac, i have encountered this problem a lot and the reason for said problem was exactly that. this is the first time i have seen a preview point glitch caused by a legitimate mp3 file

though, my point still stands. reencoding it in audacity is very VERY likely because the encoder that audacity requires (LAME) is good

if even that doesn't fix it, then yeah get a new mp3
Blushing
Yeah I also talked to a member in the NAT to see if it might've been the audio bitrate (which is it is at 320) and they said that this sometimes happens, and it could merely be a bug and we have to wait for an admin to fix it somehow. Regardless, hopefully the suggestions above can help. If there is anything further don't hesitate to comment in here or PM.