forum

[invalid] Update difficulty guideline

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
9ups
So, there are naming guidelines in the ranking criteria, but in my opinion, it is a little bit too vague as some difficulties are having a range that is too big. Take an example as Insane, which is further broken down into Light insane and insane. Also the guidelines only provide guides up to 6.5* (or in other words Extra+).
Nowadays there are way more mapsets with high star difficulties and all of them under the old system would be "Expert+" which isn't really helpful.

I would hope the system would change for additional difficulty naming guidelines and difficulty guidelines.

Also there aren't any guide in high star mapping. (If you use AIMod or MV they are all saying 6.5+ star maps are the same difficulty range)

I would also hope that those would change (as the MV difficulty is also based on the guidelines)
gothicwvlff
i mean with extra+ theres lots of creative freedom as long as there isnt like 2b or some shit like that so idk if having a rc for extra+ would be necessary
but i see what u mean
i am very gay

hachimakoto cat wrote:

Take an example as Insane, which is further broken down into Light insane and insane.
with certain difficulties such as light insanes i dont really think there is a need to have a guideline for them, since they exist to fill in certain spread gaps like from an easy hard diff to a difficult insane diff. this means that they entirely depend on what the spread is doing, meaning a set guideline for how they should be made wouldnt really be helpful
pishifat

hachimakoto cat wrote:

I would hope the system would change for additional difficulty naming guidelines and difficulty guidelines.
it's true that expert difficulties cover a huge range of maps, but their rules/guidelines are the same, which is why they aren't separated. this proposal implies that there's certain rules in a 5.5* map that are different from a 7.5* map, but that isn't the case.

for light insane vs. insane, both difficulties also follow the same rules/guidelines as per the rc, so codifying a separation wouldn't make sense

i hope this makes sense! i'm going to archive this thread as no changes will be made
gothicwvlff
kromer