forum

DT mod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rigbyuis
Edgar_Figaro
Sorry if I am not understanding you but it sounds like you were wondering why DT scores weren't at the top of the leaderboards for maps and that DT plays were giving more PP than the top plays.

This is due to the fact that beyond just that for osu score does not equal PP is that the mod multiplier for DT in CTB is very low for really no reason. DT only gives a 1.06x multiplier despite usually (outside of some weird exception where HR gives more) gives the highest PP increase on the map. People still recognize DT plays as usually the most impressive scores even if they don't go to the top of the leaderboard and the PP system reflects that as well.
Topic Starter
Rigbyuis
Nikolai
debub

Rigbyuis wrote:

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Sorry if I am not understanding you but it sounds like you were wondering why DT scores weren't at the top of the leaderboards for maps and that DT plays were giving more PP than the top plays.
Something like that. I was wondering, if DT mod gives less score than HR (1.06x, 1.12x) why does it gives more PP.

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

This is due to the fact that beyond just that for osu score does not equal PP is that the mod multiplier for DT in CTB is very low for really no reason. DT only gives a 1.06x multiplier despite usually (outside of some weird exception where HR gives more) gives the highest PP increase on the map. People still recognize DT plays as usually the most impressive scores even if they don't go to the top of the leaderboard and the PP system reflects that as well.
I agree, i think that it gives less score because the catcher also moves more faster. For example, in STD, your cursor doesn't moves 1.5 faster, on taiko... Uh... Well, on these mods there is no advantage to make more "Easier" the mod. But in catch, there's an """"advantage"""" wich is the upgraded speed of the catcher. Obviously this is wrong, because you control the catcher way more harder than in NM. Anyways, knowing the fact of pp, DT would be "Better" but for me it's enough with the mod being funny, and a lot more with nightcore

Oh, and if you don't understand something, it may be because spanish its my mother language and i still can improve un english
dt gives you more pp because it increases the star rating of the map.