forum

why is it so easy to get mind blocked while playing catch?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zennan
now im not that good at catch at all, i can only really play salads atm, but ive just found it so overwhelmingly easy to get mind blocks on maps in this mode. ill play a map like twice and not get an fc at all then when i want to go for it, im instantly mind blocked, and i suddenly am just unable to be capable of it and retry spam a lot. how do i stop this? i know the obvious answer is come back to it later but thats never really seemed to help for me.
Nikolai
skill issue
Edgar_Figaro
I think it's the difference between reading and memorization. My skill to read a pattern is often much higher than my active skill of playing something I know is coming. It's hard to explain but my subconscious seems to play better than my conscious mind and the moment I play a map more than a few times the patterns switch from subconscious muscle memory over to my conscious mind and I stop being able to play certain patterns consistently.
RAISE MY SWORD
Even experienced players can make mistakes and miss sometimes, you can reduce the chance of it happening by keep playing for more experience and find out why you missed it if you can. As I can see you are very new to this gamemode so try to focus on basic movements instead of stress-FCing on maps you play, goodluck!
zove
skill issue
E-man
this applies to any gamemode equally
ExoticEmerald
yes annoying skill issue
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Other factors like fatigue and stress can also play a major role in your game play. I have found out that I play better when calm and well rested.
Hunger and dehydration can lead to failures. So keep that tummy fed and brain hydrated. :)
E-man

Meikyuuiri Tsumi wrote:

Other factors like fatigue and stress can also play a major role in your game play. I have found out that I play better when calm and well rested.
Hunger and dehydration can lead to failures. So keep that tummy fed and brain hydrated. :)
Yeah, sleep deprivation is one of the biggest performance drags.
Nikolai
I play better when I've been awake for 3 days straight
MidnightWolf999

Nikolai wrote:

I play better when I've been awake for 3 days straight
I agree, I often play best when I'm sleep deprived. Tons of sleep normally doesn't result in a good osu run, but a 20 hour day and just barely staying awake? easy SS tbh