forum

Would this be against the rules to use (Keypad concept)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ulver04
Ok so i had the idea of making a keypad that has 4 keys, 2 keys would be registered as Mouse 1 and the other as Mouse 2, the other 2 would be normal keys, that u can change to whatever u want
The main purpose of this is to see how fast you can really click circles, normaly we only click 2 buttons, so if we can click more keys, then you should be able to do more / faster streams

https://imgur.com/a/JuwKXs5
Joon Yorigami
It won't be against the rules (as far as I remember) but I think that would be very hard to use either way because you need stupid good precision to use all 4 keys practically. you need to let go of one keyboard key immediately before tapping the corresponding mouse key in order to tap in the most efficient way.

For example, if you press k1 and m1 at the same time, it should theoretically count as two clicks right? well if you try it in-game that's not how it works, it would only register as one click; this is because k1 and m1 are essentially the same key, just with two different ways of clicking it.

I would actually be really interested in seeing someone do this however it just looks far better to use only two buttons instead, if you have to be precise in leaving one key to press another, might as well just press the same key again.
Topic Starter
Ulver04

Yhuan Debeste wrote:

It won't be against the rules (as far as I remember) but I think that would be very hard to use either way because you need stupid good precision to use all 4 keys practically. you need to let go of one keyboard key immediately before tapping the corresponding mouse key in order to tap in the most efficient way.

For example, if you press k1 and m1 at the same time, it should theoretically count as two clicks right? well if you try it in-game that's not how it works, it would only register as one click; this is because k1 and m1 are essentially the same key, just with two different ways of clicking it.

I would actually be really interested in seeing someone do this however it just looks far better to use only two buttons instead, if you have to be precise in leaving one key to press another, might as well just press the same key again.
im props gonna have it made to test it out, thx for the help
as long as it does not gives unfair advantages (and as i see it does not) it shall be fair
nico-

Joon Yorigami wrote:

ADOFAI players can do that quite easily lol
supsatan
Another thing, to be able to do that with mouse clicks you'll need to put the mouse clicks on the keypad when you open osu! because I don't think that it's actually possible to have the mouse clicks on the mouse and the mouse clicks on the keypad at the same time. However if it's possible to avoid it then ignore what I just said because it sounds like a good idea that has already been discussed before!

For exemple: Here "binding 4 keys for clicking instead of 2"

karlthestampede wrote:

Is it possible that I could have four keys to press instead of 2, so I only have to use my fingers half as much?

I'd probably use zxcv, so basically you play it kind of like a piano and you don't get carpal tunnel as soon as you start doing streams
Even on Reddit Here "Multi-key (3+) streaming should not be allowed"
Syko_on_osu
Alot of people already did that so ig it wont be against the rules
[[[[[[
Wario already did this to hit the stream in hidamari lol