forum

Bonus score?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The Strider
  • After looking at all the marvelous scores on different beatmaps, I've noticed something curious! Every now and again I'll see that the difference between one person's score and another person's is solely due to the extra bit of points one player may be getting over another. I'm, of course, very new to the game and don't think it'll end up being all to pertinent for me, but I can't really find the answer to this and it's irking me. I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious and that I'm probably just making a needless thread to fill up the masses... but, if not, please; enlighten me.

-GN
The beatmap difficulty modifiers can add more score to your total if you're skilled enough(or practice enough) to SS or Full Combo the map with them. Otherwise, you'd have to try to get higher accuracy in the case of S ranks, or spin faster in case of SS ranks(and you'll see many ties on easy maps that don't have them.

In your case, the reason why #1 is above #2 is because of the added HD, or Hidden mod.
Topic Starter
The Strider
  • Thank you for replying so quickly, GN, but my issue doesn't lie with the score multiplier, I believe, but rather what's illustrated to be the difference in the following scores. Aside from the bonus points shown, there doesn't seem like there should be a difference between the two scores. I'm curious as to the nature of those bonus points and how exactly they're attained or, seemingly so commonly, avoided.

Names are filtered out because I don't know if there's a policy or not but it's best to be safe!!

Raging Bull
#1 had their 100s earlier than #2.

If you were less accurate earlier on than later on, you will get a higher score in the end.
strikeR

The Strider wrote:

• Thank you for replying so quickly, GN, but my issue doesn't lie with the score multiplier, I believe, but rather what's illustrated to be the difference in the following scores. Aside from the bonus points shown, there doesn't seem like there should be a difference between the two scores. I'm curious as to the nature of those bonus points and how exactly they're attained or, seemingly so commonly, avoided.

Names are filtered out because I don't know if there's a policy or not but it's best to be safe!!

Spinner.
Syrus
The numbers at the side is the difference between that score and the one below it.
Topic Starter
The Strider

Raging Bull wrote:

If you were less accurate earlier on than later on, you will get a higher score in the end.
Thank you for your reply, but there isn't really a way that could be true where; in the following photo it shows two people who have both 100%'d the song but their bonuses are different and, once again, makes the place.

#1 couldn't have gotten his scores earlier on as they've both finished the song perfectly. I'm sorry if that seems obvious to you and if I seem to be straying from your point of view, but I purely wish to know the nature of that bonus score. Thank you again for replying!

thestriker1337 wrote:

Spinner.
Thank you very much for your response. I'm glad so many people are giving this attention! Unfortunately, I've already ruled out the possibility that the bonus score there could be related to spinners. At first because of strange numbers such as '19,556' and then from the overwhelming fact of great numbers in general. +32,018 is quite the bonus on a song that has no spinners to account for!

Regardless, thank you!

Syrus wrote:

The numbers at the side is the difference between that score and the one below it.
Ah! You, sir or madame, are correct! My search is complete, thank you! Now that this mess is all figured out I have to ask. What then is the difference in scores such as in the earlier picture I provided; in response to GN. When two people get the same percentage of notes hit, and are using the same mods, how does one best the other? In that screencap it shows that both players achieved a 97.70% percentage whilst using the "Hidden" and "Double Time" mods. How then did #1 end up with over 40,000 more points than #2?
boat
The only variable when it comes to SS'es is mod multipliers and spinners, in very few cases missed sliderticks that didn't decrease the accuracy.

Raging bull is correct. Getting 100s towards the end will significantly decrease your score in comparison to if you would have gotten them in the beginning. Just watch the replays and do the math.
johandrossi
Someone earlier in the thread had said it.
Those aren't "bonus points", it is just there to show you the score difference from the previous rank.
ie, in the last picture, that person had 32,018 points more than the rank under.

EDIT: seems like you already had the answer. This is what I get for not reading the entire thread =(
silmarilen
here are precise answers to each of your questions

The Strider wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

Thank you for your reply, but there isn't really a way that could be true where; in the following photo it shows two people who have both 100%'d the song but their bonuses are different and, once again, makes the place.

#1 couldn't have gotten his scores earlier on as they've both finished the song perfectly. I'm sorry if that seems obvious to you and if I seem to be straying from your point of view, but I purely wish to know the nature of that bonus score. Thank you again for replying!

thestriker1337 wrote:

Spinner.

The Strider wrote:

Thank you very much for your response. I'm glad so many people are giving this attention! Unfortunately, I've already ruled out the possibility that the bonus score there could be related to spinners. At first because of strange numbers such as '19,556' and then from the overwhelming fact of great numbers in general. +32,018 is quite the bonus on a song that has no spinners to account for!

Regardless, thank you!

Raging Bull wrote:

The Strider wrote:

Syrus wrote:

Ah! You, sir or madame, are correct! My search is complete, thank you! Now that this mess is all figured out I have to ask. What then is the difference in scores such as in the earlier picture I provided; in response to GN. When two people get the same percentage of notes hit, and are using the same mods, how does one best the other? In that screencap it shows that both players achieved a 97.70% percentage whilst using the "Hidden" and "Double Time" mods. How then did #1 end up with over 40,000 more points than #2?

Raging Bull wrote:

In fact... osu! wiki has all the answers you need... checking there first would always be a good idea XD