forum

s

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Instah
s
pofnkul
As the notice says keyboards don't matter unless your gunning for very high accuracy or very difficult push scores so getting a keyboard now isn't too important.

Also the keyboard your using has a firmware update on the spreadsheet so if u get that ur probably good with that keyboard for until you get to high level play.

As for hotswap boards being bad the creator of the spreadsheet senya has already said that he doesn't have enough data so we don't know if they're bad or not.

Update: Apparently keychron sucks but my only source for this is a single message from senya in the community etterna server so take this with a grain of salt.
midgy
just get something with at least 500hz polling rate and not tactile switches like blues and you'll be fine
pofnkul
Higher polling rate isn't rly needed until ur trying to quad files or trying to get rly good MA tho.
midgy

pofnkul wrote:

Higher polling rate isn't rly needed until ur trying to quad files or trying to get rly good MA tho.
that's why i only said 500hz

a 250hz kb won't be able to hit 125bpm jacks cause of how it works which makes it a bit awkward, p much any kb that says gamer is 1000hz+

here's a good vid about why
ADPz
Bruh from this post, i now find out my keyboard sucks (125hz)
Gamesnake7
I don't even know my polling rate F
midgy

Gamesnake7 wrote:

you can easily check if it's 125hz or 250hz by playing a 125bpm/250bpm map and look at the UR bar if it looks like:
then F
pofnkul
125 hz polling rate is fine.

I can still AAA and SS files with a 125 hz keyboard hell i've even seen people quad files with a 125 hz keyboard.

As I've said many times It's basically useless going over 125 until you need to get quad level accuracy.
midgy

pofnkul wrote:

125 hz polling rate is fine.

I can still AAA and SS files with a 125 hz keyboard hell i've even seen people quad files with a 125 hz keyboard.

As I've said many times It's basically useless going over 125 until you need to get quad level accuracy.
well most of the time it is but if the song is specifically 125 or 250bpm then you just die
pofnkul
U don't just "die" if you play at 125/250 bpm

As stated in the video you sent urself it creates deadzones where inputs are send slightly later causing notes to be sent at specific 8 ms windows.

Worst scenario you lose 7 ms of hit timing and best case scenario you gain 7 ms of hit timing. You can still play 125/250 bpm it's just more inconsistent which at higher level play is very bad but at lower levels of play is honestly negligible.
Gamesnake7

midgy wrote:

Gamesnake7 wrote:

you can easily check if it's 125hz or 250hz by playing a 125bpm/250bpm map and look at the UR bar if it looks like:
then F
Thank God I used a tool to determine polling rate and it said my kb has 1000 Hz polling rate