forum

How can I get better at osu!mania patterns?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Brei64
Hello, I don't know if there is a faster way to improve the patterns and therefore the same game, so I would like to know how to improve and if there is a better way that is not simply playing for playing
For example, they are complicated for me:
-jumpstream
-jack's
-long note

or even in some cases single stream
Thank you very much if you can help me answer this question :p
WitherMite
should have asked in the mania subforum

but I guess just pay attention to what maps have those patterns and play the patterns you have trouble with more, use HT or rates in other vsrg's to slow down the maps with patterns you find too difficult.
Stomiks
You should play more maps that have those same types of patterns. Don't forget to play patterns that you're comfortable with so you could improve them alongside the patterns you're having a hard time with.
midgy
pofnkul
Jumpstream: Focus on building stamina and playing slightly out of your comfort zone. For maps find something on a rate where you can get a 98-99% score on and then try getting a 95-96% score on .05X rate higher. For reading and pattern understanding there isn't really too much for jumpstream other than play more and don't manip patterns.

Jacks: Play denser stamina jacks to build stamina as it's a key component of general vsrg gameplay. You can also playing faster lighter jacks if you want develop a bursty less stamina focused playstyle. For dense jacks you can try to focus on the spaces where there aren't notes to figure out how to play the pattern. If you Have a difficult time trying to focus on missing note there may be a chance that the map that you are playing is a bit too hard for your skill level (although this may be because of not being used to the technique). Lastly Don't vibro jacks. It's much better to train jacks without vibro.

LN: Idk I don't play lns.

Streams: The 98-99 into 95-96 rate thing still applies but it also add a reading aspect that might be a bit challenging to get right. If you have problems trying to read a stream chart it's okay to lower the speed by .05x or more to get more acustomed to it. For technique I don't have much but there are definitely technique videos that you can find.

Useful stuff: rate changer community/forums/topics/640981?n=1

If you got any questions feel free to ask.
Poptont
Gamesnake7

pofnkul wrote:

Jumpstream: Focus on building stamina and playing slightly out of your comfort zone. For maps find something on a rate where you can get a 98-99% score on and then try getting a 95-96% score on .05X rate higher. For reading and pattern understanding there isn't really too much for jumpstream other than play more and don't manip patterns.

Jacks: Play denser stamina jacks to build stamina as it's a key component of general vsrg gameplay. You can also playing faster lighter jacks if you want develop a bursty less stamina focused playstyle. For dense jacks you can try to focus on the spaces where there aren't notes to figure out how to play the pattern. If you Have a difficult time trying to focus on missing note there may be a chance that the map that you are playing is a bit too hard for your skill level (although this may be because of not being used to the technique). Lastly Don't vibro jacks. It's much better to train jacks without vibro.

LN: Idk I don't play lns.

Streams: The 98-99 into 95-96 rate thing still applies but it also add a reading aspect that might be a bit challenging to get right. If you have problems trying to read a stream chart it's okay to lower the speed by .05x or more to get more acustomed to it. For technique I don't have much but there are definitely technique videos that you can find.

Useful stuff: rate changer community/forums/topics/640981?n=1

If you got any questions feel free to ask.
Another tip: you might want to try lifting up your fingers when doing jacks and jumpstreams, and lifting them down when doing single streams. At least that's how it worked for me
pofnkul
If you are referring to switching from wrist up to wrist down and vice versa I would highly recomend you stick to one playstyle as alternating between both playstyles can lead to bad habits and it will mess up your muscle memory.
Gamesnake7
Nah, I mean just the fingers, for the wrists I use wrist down nearly all the time even for jacking
Hoshimegu Mio
LN can be practiced by playing weird stuff.