forum

Notice user when messaged user can't respond because PMBlock

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Basically, one of my friends is getting a message from someone that has their friend only PMs on. The problem is, the person talking to my friend doesn't know this, and keeps on talking to them even though my friend can't reply to it.

Just like when a user can't respond because of a muting, can you do the same for the PM blocker? That would be much appreciated.
Bobbias
Agreed. I think it should go farther and stop them from PMing someone who isn't their friend when they have the friend only mode on, and give them a message telling them they cannot PM someone who isn't their friend while in friends only mode.

Right now someone could go into friends mode, and then harass people who can't even respond.

In either case, I think a warning message should be the bare minimum.
Winshley
I actually see this as a glitch report rather than a feature request though.

Bobbias wrote:

Right now someone could go into friends mode, and then harass people who can't even respond.
Shift+F12 to upload screenshot and send !report command if that actually happens.
FrzR
I don't get silenced often(and i really don't want to xD) but i like this. :3
Marcin
I'm having delusion or what. Let me check something
No I don't ._. https://db.tt/wHY8InpW

This message means exactly what you want in this request
MillhioreF
Not quite. He wants the user to receive a message when their own non-friend PM block is enabled, since as it stands, people with that enabled can message non-friends but can't receive replies.
Marcin
Oh, the other way around i can't read
Yes, that should be added.
abraker
Bumping from t/484372