forum

Should I keep practice in bad days?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ippoUwu
Hi, I'm novice (3 - 4.6*) osumania player, I'm practice very hard every day different patterns and stamina but I feel I'm just getting worse (not only I feel it, my score is also getting worse)

There are days that, is just pretty bad, because I sleep bad in general having a bad day and this affect my performance

What should I to do?
YyottaCat
Take a break.
pofnkul
Either just try to have some fun or don't do the session at all.
midgy
if you're just playing bad then have an acc session or just keep it short, if you feel bad for how you're playing then just take a break, you'll just end up getting tilted and not enjoying it
Poptont
this same exact situation happened to me

solution: take a 2-4 month break and come back playing a different keymode (recommended 6k+) it makes osu way more fun and you will also improve at something new that will improve your skill in 4k
midgy

Poptont wrote:

solution: take a 2-4 month break and come back playing a different keymode (recommended 6k+) it makes osu way more fun and you will also improve at something new that will improve your skill in 4k
imagine not having a spacebar tho, 7k gang
Gamesnake7

midgy wrote:

Poptont wrote:

Yea imagine
Poptont
spacebar can go suc bals

Gamesnake7 wrote:

midgy wrote:

Poptont wrote:

Yea imagine
Haengsyo

Poptont wrote:

spacebar can go suc bals
skill tissue
jkzu123
You can either take a break for a while, or have a session practicing things that you haven't done before or haven't done as much, for example acc, ln, etc. If you don't want to take a break and have a session, just try to have as much fun as possible. Instead of getting frustrated about you not being as good as when you are at days when you are, focus on having fun. Having fun is probably the best way to improve.
Poptont
jkzu :O
mystV

Poptont wrote:

jkzu :O
the jkz????????//??/
YyottaCat
No more nanhira.
Gamesnake7
Epsilon when :troll:

inb4 mindblock
UltraBlack
When these days happen to me I just play easier maps or practice different things on mania like 7k or so. This may be because you couldn't warmup properly or sometimes because of the temperature. Anyway, don't push yourself too much on these days, they may be not bad days but normal days and when you go good it is just a skill boost. Keep giving your best anyway
Haengsyo
From my experience, if you don't play during bad sessions, then the next session will most likely be a bad session, then the next, then the next, and so on. You'll constantly be in a slump until you derust. At most I usually take a day or two off to reset my mental more than anything, and come back. Even during bad sessions, you should still try your best to improve imo.

Also it is completely normal for you to feel like a god one day, and feel like a flaming pile of garbage the day after.

Regarding sleep, it is probably one of the most important aspects to improving. If you don't get adequate sleep, then whatever you did the day before is a waste. Get lots of sleep, make sure you aren't feeling groggy for an extended period of time after you wake up, stay hydrated, and stretch your fingers.