forum

[invalid] [Featured artists] Can we have more cut versions of the songs?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EcoArtz
Hey, it's my first time writing a suggestion.

I would like to see more cut versions of the songs made by featured artists.
Most of the songs are over 3 minutes long and some of them are even 6-8 minutes.

More cut versions would mean that there are more options for shorter projects, people who like to map under 2 minute maps would appreciate it, new mappers don't have to make long projects.

I like what you guys have done with Avizura's tracks. There are many songs that have a cut version.
Kolmas
i think cut ver is made by mappers who wanted to map shorter version of the song, if you want to make cut ver of a song you probably have to cut it by yourself
Corne2Plum3
Or you can just edit the mp3 with a program such as Audacity to cut the song
McEndu

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Or you can just edit the mp3 with a program such as Audacity to cut the song
MP3 is by no means a decent audio source for editing purposes; if anything, lossless files are far better
Niva
ah, regarding this :

yes i know not all FAs come with premade cuts on their listing, BUT

iirc the contracts that are signed by the FAs also allows for mappers to process and cut all the licensed songs as they see fit -- as long as it's "for use in osu! and osu!-related contents", obviously. the details are rather technical but yeah, nothing's stopping you from making your own cuts really (´・_・`)
RockRoller
We are officially allowed to cute FA songs ourself. Please just cut it yourself if you are interested in a song