forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Snepif
I was kidding though ;__; I don't really like bothering you guys. I don't really prefer any nature since I can breed for the nature I want later once I have it! Hmm, by the way, since I got Diamond, is there any D/P exclusive you guys want me to transfer to X/Y so I give it to you? Something like starters maybe?
Jinxy
Any exclusives would be great, assuming I don't find them myself from WT, lol.

I don't mind giving you one, they're relatively easy to hatch anyway
Gakkun
Successfully got the majority of the starters (except tepig and oshawott) on gts
If anyone want some pm me :3
Snepif
Well I do have every starter from every gen up until IV and stuff like Spiritomb, I'll make sure to pass those over to Y :P
If it's not a problem then you can give me a Feebas, that would be great! Just PM me, based Jinxy.
Jinxy

ralip wrote:

Successfully got the majority of the starters (except tepig and oshawott) on gts
If anyone want some pm me :3
Added you, could I have any starter? I don't really have a specific one I want right now, but it's good to have.

Snepif wrote:

Well I do have every starter from every gen up until IV and stuff like Spiritomb, I'll make sure to pass those over to Y :P
If it's not a problem then you can give me a Feebas, that would be great! Just PM me, based Jinxy.
Sure, I'm online right now.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

battler077 wrote:

well done with the title Ekaru. keep up the good work!
are you talking about the thread title?
that one that i've been changing :/
Jinxy
I should really wait until tonight to WT, Japanese are more active at night and currently it's just the non-Japanese trading with each other in hopes of getting a Japanese trade
Trash Boat

deadbeat wrote:

are you talking about the thread title?
that one that i've been changing :/
oops sorry. keep up with the goodwork too, deadbeat
Jinxy
Holy crap, thanks so much for all the starters! I ran out of decent pokemon to give halfway through though, only had 2IV pokemon left, sorry!
Gakkun
It's good. Think of it as a Christmas present ,lol. I think the egg I gave you was a cyndaquil if not just tell me ^^
NaomiMinette
Just gonna throw this out here ahead of time before Pokémon Bank comes out for the rest of us: although I don't have all the Dream World/Hidden Abilities, I do have every single Pokémon from Gen I to Gen VI (save the unreleased Legendaries, of course). If anyone wants me to breed a Pokémon with or without a Hidden Ability, tell me ahead of time (preferably in a PM so I don't lose track of requests in here). Keep in mind I won't do IV breeding; you'll have to do that yourself.

Also, assuming Pokémon Bank doesn't block out a certain Pokémon, I'll be doing something special this Friday/Saturday (depending on where you live). Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone!
Ciunek
Got myself a Piplup and Mudkip. Time to go wild breeding and get other starters/WT the rest.

----
WT'd 10 Piplups or so already. Gotta love it when random people start using shoutout and saying stuff like "Thanks for Piplup", even in broken English~

----edit #2
Got all the starters. If you need any, tell me here/on osu! (probably faster) and I'll breed for you. For now I'm gonna continue spamming Piplups (anyone needs 4V Calm one?), since all the starters seem to disappear from GTS in 5 minutes max :P
Jinxy
Getting Treeckos for GTS, so I have Feebas and Treeckos now.

On an unrelated note, could someone help me evolve a haunter if they're free? Yeah, again...
Ciunek
Trade me anytime Jinxy. Also, I'm breeding literally everything that was unobtainable till now, still trying to get few mons from GTS.

BTW keep that Mudkip :P Oh well just tell me later if you need it/anything else. Good luck on Rated.
Jinxy
Same. Gonna try and get dat shiny charm

Thanks for helping me evolve him! Gonna use him to tear up rated battles.

EDIT: List of unobtainables in Gen 6
Ciunek
Apart from ALL Legends before gen6 (I played previous games on emulators, shame on me for not being able to afford a console) I still need:
-Slakoth
-Glameow
-Cherubi
-Finneon
-Elgyem
-Bouffalant
And all their evos. Already got all the starters, bred 5 of each of Fire and Water ones. Currently breeding some Porygons for GTS (they seem to be in huge demand atm). If anything interests any of you, contact me somehow. Also if possible, I need someone to trade me legends so I just register them in my dex (and trade them back to you).
Jinxy
A Porygon would be great, I'll try and get a few of those in your list in return, after I get the last 2 starters.

EDIT: I'll try and get LGM and dedededeWOOOOOOOOP
Faust
Kricketune best cry.

Been too busy playing Rune Factory 4 to bother with Pokémon now, though maybe I'd be interested in getting my old mons from the previous versions up the bank when it's available for us..
Ciunek
Thank you a lot, Jinxy! I might try to get LGM myself, since I got access to Baltoy now, I've seen some people wanted that.
Jinxy
I just got LGM, actually. Breeding it now. I'll try for Slakoth next.
Azure_Kite
Man, the E-Shop here in Australia isn't even useable, the servers are getting hammered so freaking hard.

Nintendo really needs to get another Distribution server for shit like this.
Ciunek

Jinxy wrote:

Do you need anything else from what I got then? I'll get it from your bred ones.

Also wait, Australia got access to Bank already?
Azure_Kite
Doubtful, but I believe Japan uses the same distribution servers. At least, judging from the fact that the E-Shop and Miiverse error out as soon as I click them.
Jinxy

Ciunek wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Do you need anything else from what I got then? I'll get it from your bred ones.

Also wait, Australia got access to Bank already?
Got a Slakoth too. The Meowth was good, and a Baltoy would be nice too.

EDIT: Wait, I still need to breed slakoth
Ciunek
Alright, trade me when you're done with Slakoth. I'll breed a Bouffalant I just got. I just got tons of Baltoys as well.

--- lol what the fuck lvl70. I'm getting Cherubi then, breed a Finneon for me and I'm done with everything :P

Thanks again! I'll trade you the rest if you need them after a break, I really need it now lol.

--- Yes I need it, but let's do it later, please :P
Jinxy
And now I ALSO have a Finneon for your Bouffalant, next for me is glameow

holy shit i can barely keep up

EDIT: lv70 finneon what the fuck

EDIT2: Do you need the Glameow too? Oh, ok then.

I just realised what the hardest thing to do was; collecting every Unown.
NaomiMinette
So according to Serebii, apparently we can only transfer Pokémon in Box 1 in our Gen V games using PokéTransporter... Man, that's gonna be a pain having to do just one box at a time...

Clarifying the steps: access Pokémon Bank -> access PokéTransporter -> transfer Pokémon from Gen V game's Box 1 -> move them to X/Y -> go back to Gen V game to move Pokémon in Box 1 -> repeat

Something that I do like from this (other than having our pre-Gen VI Pokémon finally being in X/Y, of course) is this:

Serebii wrote:

If you transfer a Pokémon from Generation III or IV into the game, and it isn't nicknamed, Pokémon Bank will correct its name so it's not all in caps
Azure_Kite
I already prepared by getting all my final evolutions of pokes I need and whacking them into the first box. I'll breed the rest in-game.
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

So according to Serebii, apparently we can only transfer Pokémon in Box 1 in our Gen V games using PokéTransporter... Man, that's gonna be a pain having to do just one box at a time...
Better a box than 6, or less than 6 if you suck at minigames
NaomiMinette
Lol, I was actually a bit disappointed that there wasn't a minigame we could play, but yeah...
Jinxy
Poke Transporter's check is a fucking joke

You know how every non-Gen 1 and 6 starters have illegal Hidden Abilities?

They can get through. They can't be used in any online battles, even free ones, but god fucking dammit nintendo

I get that they're probably going to release those HAs in the future and then lift the ban from battles, but why not do the same for Poke Transporter

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-p ... x/68174160
Snepif
I rather have it that way tbh :v
Trash Boat
do you think that if you deposit a certain amount of Pokémon in PokéBank, you'll get rewarded, like Pokémon Box? that'll be cool
Snepif
Don't know, they would have told us maybe.

I'm building a new team and I wanted to have some Fighting moves coverage somewhere since I always ended up in positions where I needed one badly with my previous one... but with this new team, featuring fire, ground, water, grass, steel, etc. moves, I don't think having a fighting type is THAT important except for countering normal type pokes (mainly that Kangaskhan biatch).
Do you think it is a must to have some fighting moves?
NaomiMinette

Snepif wrote:

I'm building a new team and I wanted to have some Fighting moves coverage somewhere since I always ended up in positions where I needed one badly with my previous one... but with this new team, featuring fire, ground, water, grass, steel, etc. moves, I don't think having a fighting type is THAT important except for countering normal type pokes (mainly that Kangaskhan biatch).
Do you think it is a must to have some fighting moves?
I usually prioritize Ground before Fighting due to type coverage, but everyone plays differently, so...
Lach
Maybe now that pokemon bank hack detection is a failure those people offering 6IV dittos for legendary mons will start actually holding up their end of the bargain. Then again, It doesn't really surprise me that it was a failure anyway, since it's possible to generate legitimate-looking pokemon quite easily.
Jinxy
Does anyone need Milotic and Porygon-2/Z for their pokedexes? I just got the discs and need someone to trade with, too

EDIT: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/4 ... 3299646464 Pokebank overloaded them
Ciunek
Rofl pokebank too stronk. I still need Milotic and Porygons, but I'll do that later when I'm not drunk as shit :P Polish xmas are too much for playing pokemon, especially when your dad puts out vodka out of nowhere and has days off. I'll do it later when I sober up, if anything.
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/416192213299646464 Pokebank overloaded them
Inb4they also "try" to fix their hack detection and/or put more stupid limitations.
Azure_Kite
But we both know they won't do that.

Hopefully this teaches Nintendo that they can't go running around using the one distribution server for abso-fucking-lutely everything.
show more