forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Faust
Grass Knot is basically a grass move that inflicts pure damage based on weight, and believe me it hurts a lot especially when you think you can wall people (as I did with my Aggron and learnt the hard way) and they just whip that out.

And yes, Virizion is pretty wholesome.
Relatively stable with pretty overwhelming special defense & speed. Could probably tank enough for 2 Sword Dances.
BW2 has Synthesis offered by the Move Tutor, which just means better. Also fucking Bounce.
Trash Boat
Virizion. Grassland Pokémon. Grass/Fighting. Ability: Justified-The attack stat of the user increases every time it gets hit by a Darkness-type attack. Signature move: Sacred Sword-The user attacks using a sword, ignoring positive changes in the target's stats.
NaomiMinette
Except it most likely won't be allowed to be used in Battle Maison (seeing as the other Legendaries aren't).
Norbi

One of the best strategies I've seen in my life. I'm not a fan of triple battles, but this is epic.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Shidinja with Study. that's horrible D:
Snepif
I don't get it, so he's basically immortal? That's broken wtf
Norbi
Yes, only Leech Seed or confusion could faint it.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
could poison or burning work?
or destiny bond
Professor Prinny
Burning or Poison can work as long as the Shedinja doesn't have any other status effect.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
hello paralysis
Professor Prinny
Just to say as well, confusion won't faint Sturdy Shedinja.
Other forms of indirect damage such as Sandstorm can knock it out as well, so I'm sure Destiny Bond can work too.
Ciunek
Can Shedinja even get Sturdy ability legally? I thought it only had Wonder Guard.

nvm, I just watched it, I'm dumb
mathexpert

Professor Prinny wrote:

Just to say as well, confusion won't faint Sturdy Shedinja.
Other forms of indirect damage such as Sandstorm can knock it out as well, so I'm sure Destiny Bond can work too.
I believe it was wearing safety goggles, so sandstorm or hail won't work. Also, theoretically, if you use Forest's Curse on sheninja it would turn into a grass type, and leech seed wouldn't work either.
Azure_Kite
Sturdy Shedinja sounds evil, but a rocky helmet or Mold Breaker would counter it pretty effectively.
Trash Boat
lol awesome. they finally found an use for Shedinja
Jinxy
2 pages late, but I think Breloom is pretty good. It has Technician, and Mach Punch and Bullet Seed to abuse it. It also has the 100% accurate Spore, though that's pretty nerfed this gen by other grass types and Overcoat.

Also, virizon isn't banned in Maison iirc, only cover and event legendaries are banned, usually trios aren't.
Azure_Kite
I've found Lovely Kiss works well enough for my sleeping needs. I was able to get up to 38 in the Battle Maison with a Smeargle using it at the start of battle.
Jinxy
A short test with Role Play-Protean has shown that Alakazam is still pretty terrible, it just doesn't have enough bulk to pull off consistent damage when there are two pokemon on the other side.

On the other hand, U-Turn-Mat Block is the best thing ever
rust45

Jinxy wrote:

A short test with Role Play-Protean has shown that Alakazam is still pretty terrible, it just doesn't have enough bulk to pull off consistent damage when there are two pokemon on the other side.

On the other hand, U-Turn-Mat Block is the best thing ever
While Protean Alakazam is pretty bad. Protean Mega-Alakazam is something you should never let happen. I let my friend mega-evolve his Alakazam against my Greninja, and that Alakazam just wrecked everything.
Jinxy
I've tried that one too. Mega Evolve, use Mat Block and Role Play, attempt to sweep. Might be very good in single battles, but M-Zam doesn't survive any better than regular Zam in doubles. In fact, it is arguably worse in surviving since it can't hold a focus sash.
rust45
Well that's the problem, you're in doubles. You can't really sweep in doubles because if a potential threat shows up, it's obvious the opponent is going to gang up on it. Obviously gimmicks are much harder to come by in singles though and I can see why you're trying to do what you're doing.
Jinxy
Doubles really is a whole new game, nearly nothing in singles really applies. I've thought of a new gimmick that is basically the most unfun thing ever to play against. Or would be, if Perish Song Mega Gengar didn't exist.

The things I can think of to stop it is priority/speedy taunt or U-Turn/Volt Switch out, and the second is incompatible with my current gimmick.
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

Well that's the problem, you're in doubles. You can't really sweep in doubles because if a potential threat shows up, it's obvious the opponent is going to gang up on it. Obviously gimmicks are much harder to come by in singles though and I can see why you're trying to do what you're doing.
Wildly ganging up on things in Doubles against human opponents leads to them using Protect with that Pokemon and oh look your turn's wasted. ;P
Sapphiire_old_1

Who else just loves those espur memes ? :)
Trash Boat
em, nobody?
Jinxy
Just had a really good double battle that went down to the wire. 6DWG-WWWW-WWW3-P3JK

I was going to just play my gimmick and call it a day but he easily shut it down due to my lack of experience. The resulting battle was a really enjoyable one.
rust45
Wait, shiny Greninja with rock slide and taunt? Did I fight you on Battle Spot singles last night? (Wait, just checked my battle videos and I saved that battle, guy had an interesting Greninja set that did surprise me though, flinch hax at the end didn't help either. F7ZW-WWWW-WWW3-P5D4)
I hate you for even attempting that bright powder minimize shit
Really nice battle regardless, you got pretty bad luck with some of your rock slides though.

Guess I can post a couple of my notable battle videos.

6QBW-WWWW-WWW3-ZCFY
First time I got a good use out of my Malamar set, obviously sent the other guy for a loop.

NFRW-WWWW-WWW3-P55L
Really close doubles battle I had with a friend. Almost thought I had him at the end too.

Does anyone else dislike that you can't look at random battle videos anymore? You HAVE to know the code for the video and look it up now. I miss not being able to just watch random videos cause that was really nice to just waste time and see what other people were doing with their sets.

EDIT: Freeze-hax and crit-hax out the Wazzu: L43W-WWWW-WWW3-N5HK
Jinxy
I haven't played battlespot singles in a while. I prefer 6v6 singles with more options instead of "oh you chose the 3 wrong pokemon gg", or doubles.
NaomiMinette
So apparently we get a free Celebi using Pokémon Bank anytime before September 30, 2014. Cool stuff.

Serebii wrote:

The Celebi is Level 10 when downloaded and has Recover, Heal Bell, a new move called Hold Back, which acts like False Swipe, and Safeguard. it is downloaded by accessing the Pokémon Link option that will appear on the main menu of Pokémon Bank
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Blazevoir wrote:

So apparently we get a free Celebi using Pokémon Bank anytime before September 30, 2014. Cool stuff.

Serebii wrote:

The Celebi is Level 10 when downloaded and has Recover, Heal Bell, a new move called Hold Back, which acts like False Swipe, and Safeguard. it is downloaded by accessing the Pokémon Link option that will appear on the main menu of Pokémon Bank
i want.
never had a celebi before :<
NaomiMinette
I hope they plan on doing something for Mew, Jirachi (depends), Manaphy, Shaymin, and Victini later. After thinking back to the movies and animé episodes that had them, I regret just picking some of them up (particularly in Gen IV) without even caring about what Nature they were ._.
mm201
I still have Darkrai and Shaymin ready and waiting to be caught in Platinum. :P And Victini on BW, but mainly for EV training.
NaomiMinette
Ooh, thanks for reminding me. I still need to transfer the Darkrai, Heatran, and Shaymin I have on my Pokémon Ranger games. (There are also two Manaphy Eggs, but those are probably gonna be a last resort-kinda thing.)

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Bank Requirements

It has been announced by Nintendo of Japan that, before you can download Pokémon Bank onto your Nintendo 3DS, you need to set up a Nintendo Network ID. This ID system was implemented on the Nintendo 3DS last week with the latest system update and can be the same Nintendo Network ID as registered on the Wii U. This can be done when you load up the eShop or in the System Settings of the 3DS console.
Not surprising, to be honest. It'd be kinda weird if you didn't need one.
Shohei Ohtani
mfw I realize that I never caught Lugia in SoulSilver

mfw I need to play through the entire game again so I can have all of my pokewaifus

mfw
Trash Boat
NaomiMinette
Just go look it up. It's something off-topic in this thread.
mathexpert

battler077 wrote:

sorry to ask this but whats a waifu? some kind of waffle?
lol how in the world did you associate "waifu" with a waffle
NaomiMinette
Can we please get back on topic before this gets any worse?
Trash Boat
yeah sorry
The XY anime series of Pokémon will arrive in January 18th at 8.30 am (ET, PT)in Cartoon Network, along with remastered movies
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/% ... rt_Jan._18
NaomiMinette
show more