forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Technician with Fake Out, Fling (with King's Rock), and U-Turn's the most annoying setup when it comes to flinching...

Obviously that can be countered, but not a lot of Pokemon have Inner Focus.
Laharl
Dargonite and Crobat maybe.
Ciunek
Added you both to my friendlist Shirotaku, CDFA, just shoot me a pm on osu! chat (I'm usually lurking in #polish or #videogames, or just find me in online list, whatever) or trade request me in game if you see me (I'm usually offline most of the time there though). Also Shiro, I'd like a Ferroseed from you then :)

Jfyi, I'm usually online in chat from around 8am to midnight GMT+1, mostly afk but I check pms sometimes :P
Sapphiire_old_1

Mega Slowbro i lol'd
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

Technician with Fake Out, Fling (with King's Rock), and U-Turn's the most annoying setup when it comes to flinching...

Obviously that can be countered, but not a lot of Pokemon have Inner Focus.
Priority moves or faster pokemon wreck it easily. It's annoying but doesn't do much damage, either. Abusing Kings Rock and Skill Link gives more overall damage.

Though it's arguable that Shell Smash Cloyster does it better, but eh
Shohei Ohtani
omfg Professer Prinny is that fucking goodra in your avatar holy fucking shit I love goodra

also, I'll add you by Saturday, when I go back home where I have wi-fi that isn't from my kind of a dick roommate
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

CoroCoro featured some details on Pokémon Bank, due for release in two weeks. It didn't provide much new but did detail that there is a controller of the Bank system and she is Brigette, the same character as from Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire, and that you receive PokéMiles when you transfer your Pokémon and confirms that the Hiker in Ambrette Town and Punk Girl in Kiloude City will have special things happen when you have transferred certain Pokémon, specifically Genesect and Kyurem respectively.
So we get PokéMiles for transferring, huh... I wonder how many people are gonna abuse this /o/
Trash Boat

Blazevoir wrote:

So we get PokéMiles for transferring, huh... I wonder how many people are gonna use this /o/
fixed
Topic Starter
deadbeat

battler077 wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

So we get PokéMiles for transferring, huh... I wonder how many people are gonna abuse this /o/
fixed
fixed again
i guess it'll all come down to what sort of stuff you get from these PokéMiles

also new thread title :>
Jinxy
pokeback?
Stefan
Okay, my informations are in. Let's see if people are looking around for Larvesta :P
Ciunek
Wow, after 70+ pages finally a name change of the thread :P
Professor Prinny

CDFA wrote:

omfg Professer Prinny is that fucking goodra in your avatar holy fucking shit I love goodra

also, I'll add you by Saturday, when I go back home where I have wi-fi that isn't from my kind of a dick roommate
._. Yeah it's Goodra (Shiny).
Glad to know there's someone else that loves it as much as I do.
Azure_Kite

Whilst semi-unrelated, I find this amazingly hilarious.
NaomiMinette
^ +1

Though I'll have to admit I was a bit distracted by the background music playing /o/
Sapphiire_old_1

Azure_Kite wrote:

Whilst semi-unrelated, I find this amazingly hilarious.

Hahah that was fucking Hilarious i almost died :')
Shohei Ohtani

Professor Prinny wrote:

CDFA wrote:

._. Yeah it's Goodra (Shiny).
Glad to know there's someone else that loves it as much as I do.
Goodra is ultimate waifu material <3

Also, if you want to abuse PokeMiles, just spend hours catching a bunch of pokemon and then wonder trade the shit out of them

I'm swervin in pokemiles

can't hop on my pokemiler

I've got a frequent flyer card.
NaomiMinette
I can't be bothered doing that at the moment (even though I have a box ready for Wonder Trading), but it's not like I need anything in particular in the PokéMiles Shop right now.
Shohei Ohtani
I never need anything in the pokemiles shop

Wonder trading is just amazing
Ciunek
I don't know how many boxes of breeding failures I've already Wonder Traded away. Sometimes I get crap, sometimes I get wrong spread 5IVs (but still, it's a 5IV :P) or random mons with Hidden Abilities. It's pretty cool.
rust45

Ciunek wrote:

I don't know how many boxes of breeding failures I've already Wonder Traded away. Sometimes I get crap, sometimes I get wrong spread 5IVs (but still, it's a 5IV :P) or random mons with Hidden Abilities. It's pretty cool.
That's pretty much exactly what I do. Trading breeding failures/breeding fodder for other people's failures or fodder.
NaomiMinette
There's a 1.2 patch out now. Not only does it fix certain things, but it also contains the 1.1 patch, so don't worry about having to patch twice if you're still at Pokémon X/Y Version 1.0. Scan one of these (depending on your version, of course) using the 3DS's QR Code Scanner if you want to go to the download page directly:

Keep in mind that if you don't download this patch, you won't be able to use any and all online features; you'll just get an error message telling you to update.
Shohei Ohtani
I get back home today! My mom is going to try to get my dad to come by early to pick me up, so I'll be able to add people and stuff
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Bank - Overview Trailer

In anticipation of its release in two weeks, The Pokémon Company has issued an overview trailer for the upcoming release, Pokémon Bank. It confirms that you can transfer entire boxes immediately within the Poké Transporter system that comes with it and that Pokémon Bank has advanced search filter systems akin to the ones in the boxes on Pokémon X & Y
You can also choose Battle Points to be earned rather than PokéMiles in Pokémon Bank when you deposit Pokémon
If your annual Bank fee ends, you can still withdraw your Pokémon for a short time, but will be lost afterwards forever. The period of time has yet to be announced.
Pokémon Bank ignores the 3DS's region lock so all games can be read and used for depositing/withdrawing Pokémon so if you have a US game, you can put it on a Japanese 3DS with Pokémon Bank installed and put Pokémon on there

Snepif
Just finishing breeding some flawless Marills. Breeding eggs that don't take so many steps to hatch is not that stressing :P
So, if anyone wants to trade some Pokemon I have one 5IV (-Atk) Huge Power Marill.

By the way, wanting PokéBank so badly Q.Q what are your plans with it? I'm gonna pass all my Pokes from Diamond to White and then to Y. Now I'm regreting the fact that I skipped gen V and I gotta play it from scratch so I can pass my mons from Diamond :/
Trash Boat

Snepif wrote:

Now I'm regreting the fact that I skipped gen V and I gotta play it from scratch so I can pass my mons from Diamond :/
just choose wisely the version and starter *cough* *cough* *Tepig*
Shohei Ohtani
Wait what?

I can't transfer straight from platinum to x and y?
Snepif
No, only from B/W/B2/W2. That's why I actually have to buy a copy of White first T_T
NaomiMinette
This is exactly why I try to get at least one game from each Gen.

Then again, transferring all the way from the GameCube games to Gen V is such a hassle... (read: GC -> GBA -> Gen IV DS -> Gen V DS)
Jinxy
i keep mixing up cosmic power and stored power asdfjsdlgjldfg

But rating battles are back which is cool

EDIT: Gengar tries to use Destiny Bond on my last pokemon. Unfortunately, my last pokemon is Mega Scizor and his attempts allowed me to go to +6. Then I stall a bit more until he runs out of PP, and Bullet Punch wreck him and the Garchomp lying in wait. He could have won if he actually attacked instead of trying to gimmick me down; I had to OHKO Garchomp or else he would use Fire Blast, and the only way for me to do it was a +6 Bullet Punch!
BrokenArrow
Oh god I wish I had a 3DS, I'm still sitting here with my first generation NDS ;-;
This game looks way too awesome.
Laharl
You'll be a bit disappointed, I guess.
Faust

Jinxy wrote:

i keep mixing up cosmic power and stored power asdfjsdlgjldfg

But rating battles are back which is cool

EDIT: Gengar tries to use Destiny Bond on my last pokemon. Unfortunately, my last pokemon is Mega Scizor and his attempts allowed me to go to +6. Then I stall a bit more until he runs out of PP, and Bullet Punch wreck him and the Garchomp lying in wait. He could have won if he actually attacked instead of trying to gimmick me down; I had to OHKO Garchomp or else he would use Fire Blast, and the only way for me to do it was a +6 Bullet Punch!
Yeah, my first Mega-Gengar encounter was pretty much this. I let my Zapdos down it (along with itself) after I cleared the rest save for his last Pokémon.
It was exasperating.
NaomiMinette

Laharl wrote:

You'll be a bit disappointed, I guess.
^ Pretty much this, though I'm not gonna say why. What I CAN say is: just don't get your hopes up too much.
Snepif
It's an amazing game, dunno what you guys talking about. People always like to criticize just because. It's the best Pokémon game so far. And it's a bit silly to criticize the game while posting periodically in this thread (and having it linked to your signature), isn't it? Get it and you will love it, BrokenArrow.
Of course it's always "cooler" to act/say that you don't like it, so once you get it and play it you are free to do so as well, I guess.
NaomiMinette

Snepif wrote:

It's an amazing game, dunno what you guys talking about. People always like to criticize just because. It's the best Pokémon game so far. And it's a bit silly to criticize the game while posting periodically in this thread (and having it linked to your signature), isn't it? Get it and you will love it, BrokenArrow.
Of course it's always "cooler" to act/say that you don't like it, so once you get it and play it you are free to do so as well, I guess.
I'm not criticizing for no reason.

I really am a bit disappointed because (spoilers involved, particularly for BrokenArrow)
Team Flare didn't have as much impact as the past Teams. In fact, I felt like their goal was really shallow. Then there's your "rival" who was just a pushover. Then there's the Champion who had pretty much a very minor role. And finally, there's hardly any post-story content compared to the past games. So yeah... just my thoughts.
Snepif
That is indeed true, but that isn't nearly as impactful to the awesomeness of the game as the graphics, new features, new mons, etc. are. It's just a plot thingy and let's be honest one doesn't play Pokémon (ANY of them) because it has a good and captivating plot. We play it because we feel we are in an adventure and want to discover new places and mons, or to fill our pokédex, or because of the competitive aspect (which is better in this game also), not because our rival or the bad guys team is amazing.
NaomiMinette
I'm just gonna leave it at this: I both agree and disagree with that.
Azure_Kite

Snepif wrote:

That is indeed true, but that isn't nearly as impactful to the awesomeness of the game as the graphics, new features, new mons, etc. are. It's just a plot thingy and let's be honest one doesn't play Pokémon (ANY of them) because it has a good and captivating plot. We play it because we feel we are in an adventure and want to discover new places and mons, or to fill our pokédex, or because of the competitive aspect (which is better in this game also), not because our rival or the bad guys team is amazing.
When you have to make the game yourself instead of allowing yourself to be taken in by the game, that's when people start to see issues. I'd agree with you about the fun of those aspects, but they are not the entire game, they are things you do post-game, generally. The pre or "intermediate" game was subpar at best, even for Pokemon standards.
Ciunek
Honestly I quite liked the story in Gen5 games. Also I pretty much agree with what Blaze said in the spoiler.
show more