forum

Is it just me who lowers their scroll speed when playing LN maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wizzmane
LN maps are really common when you get into higher diffs and they are really hard. I think lowering down your scroll speed a bit can be a bit helpful when trying to read LNs (Like 25 to 23 for example). I think more people should know more about this technique
pofnkul
Firstly this tech wouldn't be the best on hybrid considering lowering your scroll speed can really mess with your gameplay.

As for full ln maps I feel like the lowering of scrollspeed being beneficial is most likely either because of the skin that your using or just due to a lack of experience playing lns.

I would take this with a grain of salt tho cuz I'm really bad at lns in general.
Hoshimegu Mio
I actually do the exact opposite. 34 speed for LNs in 4K feels about right for me.
Haengsyo
Sounds like a reading issue. What are you going to do on hybrid maps, lower scrollspeed mid-map? You can’t. While it’s fine to lower scroll speed when you’re learning the game, you should avoid changing scroll speeds in general.
midgy
you should try out a percy ln skin they do a similar thing to the ln but won't mess up your hybrid and rice reading https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNoREPZB7DU
jkzu123
I actually do that aswell lmao
Entropy21
i rember someone told me that, "fast scroll speed = longer notes / slow scroll speed = shorter notes"

i know its stupid and dumb lol...

4k ln's are pog, 7k ln's on the other hand...
Hoshimegu Mio

nanhira wrote:

How to manip?
pofnkul
nanhira manip god my idol
Gamesnake7
Mfw someone accidentally summoned nanhira:
Topic Starter
Wizzmane
Hello there top player (i never follow the pro osu mania scene)

nanhira wrote:

by how much?

midgy wrote:

you should try out a percy ln skin they do a similar thing to the ln but won't mess up your hybrid and rice reading https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNoREPZB7DU
Sorry but no matter which skin i try, muscle memory won't let me. I only use DivideByZero and nothing else community/forums/topics/486674?n=1
Haengsyo

midgy wrote:

I HEAVILY discourage Percy at early stages of the game. Not only will it neglect basic LN release time fundamentals, most of your basic LN reading won’t be developed properly. Only use Percy when you can read LN proficiently without Percy.
pofnkul
You can always alter your own skin.

If ur hitting late you can alter your skins visuals.

If you lower scroll speed to help with reading that's just a matter of practice.
jkzu123

Wizzmane wrote:

by how much?
by about like 1-2 depends, if its hybrid then 1 if its long note map then 2
Hoshimegu Mio

nanhira wrote:

Wizzmane wrote:

by how much?
by about like 1-2 depends, if its hybrid then 1 if its long note map then 2
I hit everything early in LNs and everything late in regular, is there any way to fix that? Changing hitPosition doesn't seem to work.