forum

Delete all songs but favorites and own. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Basically, this is to save a lot of disk space.

See, at this point I really only want my own maps and a few maps I play a lot. So, having the option to delete all songs that aren't my own or favorites would help a lot.

I don't have a big hard drive and in addition to that have to share it with others, so being able to quickly reduce the amount of maps I have to just what I need would help a lot.

This would be under the maintenance tab.I expect this to get rejected, but it's worth a shot.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is basically "Delete all songs" but keeping the ones that you like + that you made. Would be useful, I think, since I have a *lot* of maps I don't play much on this comp, and going through them all would take a while. Just favorite the few I want + delete the rest would be quicker, I think, since I can just redownload the few I forget.
Gemi
Seems like a very rare situation. I would recommend searching manually for the songs that you like and copying them elsewhere, then deleting everything in the Songs folder and moving the backed up songs back. I also recommend using sub folders in the songs folder to differentiate between your own maps, your favourites, and other maps, if you think that you'll be doing this later on again.
Gabi

Gemi wrote:

Seems like a very rare situation. I would recommend searching manually for the songs that you like and copying them elsewhere, then deleting everything in the Songs folder and moving the backed up songs back. I also recommend using sub folders in the songs folder to differentiate between your own maps, your favourites, and other maps, if you think that you'll be doing this later on again.
what he said ^

plus its easy to find all maps since you already have them favorited in osu! so you can search for them manually easy.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp

peppy wrote:

If you look in your songs folder, most of your songs should start with non-numbered filenames, unlike those you download.
Is there any (automated) way to have the numbered folders renamed to Artist - song name? Or should I just be writing a batch script that eats all numeric characters until a whitespace + that whitespace =|
peppy
Not sure why you'd want to do this.
Zekira
Well it's a bit time consuming to be scurrying around the Songs folder looking for the song you want since you can't press a shortcut key to jump to which character since the folder starts with a number T_T
peppy
it beats having conflicting songs in the same directory.
CheeseWarlock

peppy wrote:

If you look in your songs folder, most of your songs should start with non-numbered filenames, unlike those you download. This is due to the way they are imported. Then you could go through you profile under the beatmaps section and check set IDs for those remaining.
Problem- mp3s you upload into osu! are placed in a folder based on the filename. Thus they're usually at the beginning but can be pretty much anywhere. And unranked maps are in folders starting with numbers, then artist - title like ranked maps; usually sorted but not always. And 3oh!3 throws a wrench into the whole situation. It would be nice to have some more beatmap management options, too. Call it "delete unfavourited ranked maps" or something to that extent?
peppy
Did you even read the initial question and my response? I am only answering ekaru here.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

peppy wrote:

If you look in your songs folder, most of your songs should start with non-numbered filenames, unlike those you download. This is due to the way they are imported. Then you could go through you profile under the beatmaps section and check set IDs for those remaining.
Most of the ones I have aren't numbered, though. Then again, most of them I downloaded a while ago (and in packs). The recent ones do have numbers at the beginning, though.
awp

peppy wrote:

it beats having conflicting songs in the same directory.
True, which was my initial reaction, but you could always put the number at the end.