Jeff Williams - This Will Be the Day (feat. Casey Lee Willia

posted
Total Posts
show more
DakeDekaane
Hinsvar

Hinsvar wrote:

>Dekaane's Easy
  1. 00:08:947 (2) - Move this to (291,286) to make the space between 00:07:683 (1,2) similar to 00:06:420 (4,1)? It'ill look more consistent and neater, IMO. /*Done
  2. 00:08:947 (2,1) - ...Is this kind of spacing inconsistent a valid pattern for an Easy diff, actually? o.o /*Oops.
  3. 00:12:736 (1) - Shape the slider to something like this to make a smoother flow from this slider to 00:13:999 (2)? /*Actually it is parallel to 00:11:473 (2), but moved some stuff ther to make smoother the flow.
  4. 00:41:157 (4,1) - Swap NC? I believe you're applying NCs every two stanzas, and you're following the music, not the vocal, so...? /*Done
  5. 00:53:473 (5) - Apply NC here because of the same reason as the suggestion above. /*I'd rather keep the long combo than a combo for that single slider, they're still part of the same phrase.
  6. 01:33:432 (1) - Ctrl+H (flipping this horizontally) gives a better flow, actually, since 01:31:106 (2)'s flow is going clockwise, while this slider goes counterclockwise, making the transition here uncomfortable. /*That'd ruin a bit the flow in 01:33:432 (1,2), keeping this note as it is.
  7. 01:34:221 (2,3) - Inconsistent spacing, and it's totally unreadable. /*aaa this part messed up, fixed sliders.
  8. 01:35:958 (1,2,3,4) - Any reason why are the sliders like this? Lengthening them by 1/4 beats won't hurt, and is actually following the song better, IMO. I just can't see what are you following on those blue ticks. /*^
  9. 01:55:852 (3) - It'll be better to rotate this 70 degrees clockwise to preserve the flow from 01:53:642 (2). /*The flow there fits nicely with the guitar imo, and it's not harsh to be ankward to play.
  10. 02:29:168 (1) - It will be better to start this slider at 02:29:010. A light cymbal (?) plays there, and I feel that needs to be followed more than 02:29:167, which doesn't seem to have anything. /*In the previous combo I followed vocals for the long sliders and it'd be expected that here I'd be following vocals imo.
  11. 02:37:378 (4,1) - Swap NC for the same reason as 00:41:157 (4,1)? /*Done
  12. 02:49:694 (5) - Same as 00:53:473 (5). /*Ditto
Thanks Hinsvar :3
Leaving the hitsounding suggestions to ampzz >.<

Settings adjusted according to Guy's mod. The slider will be ending in the downbeat due I'm mainly following the guitar there. Sliders fixed.
And Sakura, I'll be keeping tickrate2 as I'm using a considerable ammount of sliders in red ticks and tickrate 1 would sound a bit weird.

The update: http://puu.sh/5LX22.rar
Topic Starter
ampzz
Guy's mod

Guy wrote:

Hi! from your request :3

Red : You must be fix.
Blue : You should be fix.
Black : Just suggestion.

[General]
  1. Combo color 6 and 7 is too similar. Please change or remove either. - Really? Might lighten seven up more then.
  2. Please uncheck Widescreen support. - Faust is finishing up a storyboard which will be widescreen.

[Insane]
  1. HP&OD9 ;_; - Best settings, anything less feels far too lenient and the map has enough note density to remain alive anyhow.
  2. 01:29:816 (2) - Add NC. Because HP drain is too high. - Vocal break-up per word not syllable and this drain section is perfectly fine in my opinion.

nothing to say x_x

[Hard]
  1. 00:55:526 (10) - Stack to 00:55:683 (1) - the head. fit the vocal better than current one. - These are stacked due to the
  2. 00:58:052 (1,2) - hmm sounds werid this slider. here my suggestion. - This is mapped to the guitar riffs for the rhythm that's there at the moment.

00:58:052 - add note
    00:58:210 - add 1/1 slider
    00:58:683 - add note
    try it~
  3. 01:33:432 (1) - Just a suggestion. like this? - Same as above and it ruins the ryhthm/feeling of the song with the additional break-up in my opinion.
  4. 02:26:326 (5) - Add clap instead of finish? - Finish is to match that high hat hit.
  5. 02:33:589 (1) - Remove NC? I felt that don't need one. - It's a new musical phrase and nothing connected to the prior (1,2).
  6. 02:54:273 (1,2) - same as 00:58:052 (1,2) - here.

[meiikyuu's Normal]
  1. 00:15:578 (1,2) - stack them properly? - Corrected.
  2. 01:21:262 (2,3) - ^ - Corrected.
  3. 01:34:853 (3,4) - I think that follow the vocal better than current one. try my suggestion. - Changed differently but I got your point with this.

4. 01:37:221 (2) - Remove finish from the slider? - Hitsounding is consistent throughout the entire set so this stays as it brings a new tone to this segment of music to make it feel truly unique.
Good luck~ :)
Thanks for the mod, Guy.
Frostmourne
checked

Everything is set and solid :P
Sakura
Eh before i rank this, can you tell me what the source "RWBY" is?

Edit: Ok, so it's the series for this theme song, that's good then.
Topic Starter
ampzz
Awesome, thank you so much Frostmourne and Sakura! <3
OnosakiHito
So at the end no taiko diffs, too bad. Still, congratulation ampzz!

Eto sta se desilo lolcubes. Ali nema veze, nisam ljut. Heh
Nadam se da ti je ovo bila lekcija.
Lust
Congratulations!
Lanturn
Best Easy I've played in ages, Big shoutout to DakeDekaane for proving that music is 100% playable and fun when not just 1/1

Congrats ampzz btw, I've seen others play your insane and its very well done. I've yet to look at the other two diffs though :)
lolcubes

OnosakiHito wrote:

Nadam se da ti je ovo bila lekcija.
Huh?
I already stated that if there are problems regarding my stuff that it can be removed. :p
meiikyuu
grats ^.^
Lach
gj bic boi
YTYuyu
damn i didn't get to this map in time ><

congratz on the rank :D
DakeDekaane
Congratulations again ampzz \:D/

And thanks Lanturn :3
Lust
Congratulations!
fanzhen0019
gratz!!
Kyouren
Gratzz!! DakeDekaane, meiikyuu, and ampzz!!^^
Vertify
Hurrah man!
Tenshi
When I saw that this was ranked, I finally decided to go watch the show; I didn't even realize it was on YouTube.

Finished the first season and highly enjoyed it.

Anywho, congrats~.
Frostmourne
wreckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Congratz : D/
happy623
RWBY <3!
ryuu
congratulate all :3
cool song and mapset ~
Agnes
Good stuff.

Grats, ampzz-sama.
Rakuen
grats
galvenize
sick
Hula

galvenize wrote:

sick
god spoke
Topic Starter
ampzz
Thank you the support everyone! ∑(゜Д゜;)

I'm glad that you all enjoy the mapset.
AnreFM
Yay! Congratz guys! \:D/

late
Aoko
Oh my gooooddddd. Amazing map. Ily ampzz-sama <3 QAAQ
Tyan_G
Not Bad )))) ;)
Kayla
Wanna fix the spinner in the insane? That spinner is ridiculous. I cant score on it. Since when do you need to spin over 350 in osu? lol. Whats the point of a spinner you cant score on? .-.
Lach
Auto gets 1000 bonus points on the spinner, which is the bare minimum, and I can get 300 with my pissy 280-300 rpm. Either way, it's too late to unrank and change something like that.
aBunny
I can get the spinner fine although with no spinner bonus. Start spinning before you see the spinner