forum

[Archived] Way to convert .tja file to .osz/osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OtteRamen
Problem details:
I'm trying to import a .tja (taiko) beatmap into osu!, but it can't read the file. Is there a way to convert a tja file into one osu! can process?

osu! version: Stable 20220323 (latest)
Death
Not that I'm aware of. Someone would need to write a program to convert .tja files to .osu files and I don't believe that has been done.
NoHaxNoSkill
maybe look at the documentation for tja files and make a script to convert to osz.
I might take a look and see if I can do it myself if I have the time.
if you could dm me the file I could take a go at it.
MusicRitman
I think there is no way you could because generating a map is much easier with taiko, mania and ctb because they don't rely on 2D placement.
Death

MusicRitman wrote:

I think there is no way you could because generating a map is much easier with taiko, mania and ctb because they don't rely on 2D placement.
what?
MusicRitman

Death wrote:

MusicRitman wrote:

what?
I thought he was about gamemodes, so you can play std maps in taiko and he wants to do the opposite.
NoHaxNoSkill

MusicRitman wrote:

I thought he was about gamemodes, so you can play std maps in taiko and he wants to do the opposite.
no, they want to take .tja taiko files (not osu) and import them into osu as osu taiko beatmaps
MusicRitman

NoHaxNoSkill wrote:

MusicRitman wrote:

no, they want to take .tja taiko files (not osu) and import them into osu as osu taiko beatmaps
Oh. So it is the other game.
HoosierTransfer
you could just map it in osu
KabosuDoge
sorry for necroposting but it's been 2 years so has someone made a script yet?
- Marco -

KabosuDoge wrote:

sorry for necroposting but it's been 2 years so has someone made a script yet?
Not sure if it still works but community/forums/topics/1692790 perhaps?