forum

Is this a glitch or something?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hawnta
So, I was playing the Pokemon Battle Frontier theme song on Normal (with hidden, flashlight, hard rock and perfect) and completed it.
I was so pumped that I was gonna get on the Top 50! But then...
I got #57.
I saw some people on the leaderboards with the EXACT SAME MODS AS ME and they got 100 points more than mine! (my score is 153,381 btw)
Osu! devs, please fix this.

=EDIT= Added "points" after 100 because I knew people would get confused.
Zare
If two people get the same score the person who got it first has the higher rank
If 100 people have the same score the one with the newest one has the lowest rank
nothing to fix here
Stefan
Also, wrong place to post.

Visit 5 in the future if you have a technical problem.
Marcin
Yup Stefan's right, moving.
Topic Starter
Hawnta
ok, sorry 'bout that.
Full Tablet
The map has a spinner
Topic Starter
Hawnta

Full Tablet wrote:

The map has a spinner
Yeah, so what?
Full Tablet

NonAnimeFan wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

The map has a spinner
Yeah, so what?
Other records spun a little faster.
Topic Starter
Hawnta

Full Tablet wrote:

Other records spun a little faster.
I said they got 100 points more, not 1,000.
silmarilen
yup, that ment they spun faster
a spinner gives 100 points per spin and after a certain amount of spins it starts giving another 1k on top of that, so they spun that 100 points but didnt spin the extra 1k yet
Topic Starter
Hawnta
oh
well, that explains everything
thank you
Almost
There are some songs like http://osu.ppy.sh/b/217147 where the spinners are giving retard point differences though.
Thatgooey

Almost wrote:

There are some songs like http://osu.ppy.sh/b/217147 where the spinners are giving retard point differences though.
Spinners get combo multiplier as well. The further into the combo, the more rewarding a spinner is, just like singles.
Almost

Thatgooey wrote:

Almost wrote:

Spinners get combo multiplier as well. The further into the combo, the more rewarding a spinner is, just like singles.
To the point where the same spinner can give 1043 or 53 more score? I don't think so.
silmarilen
no thats a bug with sliders, not with spinners
RaneFire
I was under the impression, ever since I started, that spinners ignore the combo multiplier.

I think they still ignore it, but I don't see why that would have changed at all.

There is simply a 100 per spin, and 100 + 1000 per bonus spin. I think the problem is that the extra 1000 is not linked to the same timing as the 100. Spinner completion could very well end as a "half spin" and then the bonus counts from there. Just a guess. Only the 300/100/50 at the end is affected by combo multiplier.
Winshley
RaneFire actually hit the right direction, more or less.
Almost

Winshley wrote:

You made it sound like he never get's things right.
Winshley

Almost wrote:

Winshley wrote:

You made it sound like he never get's things right.
Now that you said it, it really is, although I never intended to do that... :?

Dam English... <.<;;;
enik
silmarilen
no, thats in no way, shape or form related. it jsut means they got their 100s on a different spot
enik
A pretty rare case tho