forum

Any tips for a player wanting to go from 4k to 7k?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zinum
Started playing about a month ago, originally wanted to play 7k but after discovering 4k I found it to addicting, now decided to give 7k another shot and, it didn’t go well, so any tips?
Gamesnake7
My tip might be unreliable due to me maining 4K but generally keep playing, if it's tiresome to you then take a break (but don't play 4K yet you want to be good at 7K). 7K takes a lot more time to improve than 4K.
midgy
just start playing 7k not 4k, treat them as seperate gamemodes like you would for taiko and standard and just play 7k only for a month and you'll improve massively
Hoshimegu Mio
It is very difficult to get started on 7K so just believe in yourself.
Topic Starter
zinum
Ty guys will try to grind 7k for a bit and see if I can improve it, what makes it hard to try and improve at it, is the frustration that comes from just turning into a newbie again
Entropy21
half-time mod will be your bestfriend
-Andrei-
if you can survive a week of just learning basic fundamentals without getting losing hope or giving up then you'll probably do just fine
kaleksi
First few weeks are the hardest, as most of that time you will be pressing wrong keys and it will be very frustrating. Once you start playing like 2 star it becomes a lot of fun, and only gets more fun from there, so just keep at it. Remember not to compare your skill in 7k to your skill in 4k, and just focus on having fun.
Froakzy

kaleksi wrote:

First few weeks are the hardest, as most of that time you will be pressing wrong keys and it will be very frustrating. Once you start playing like 2 star it becomes a lot of fun, and only gets more fun from there, so just keep at it. Remember not to compare your skill in 7k to your skill in 4k, and just focus on having fun.
Thank you for this tip! I have recently been struggling with comparison, I'll keep this in mind
DeltaNami
Everyone has already kinda made the right points already (play consistently, don't worry about sucking because it'll be really difficult at first but get a lot better), so instead I'll point you in the direction of some resources!

Here's a link to Coro's megapacks which have literally thousands of 7k beatmaps! You'll want a variety of maps to play so you're not just practicing a few patterns and instead working on your base fundamentals. Also who doesn't want more maps?

community/forums/topics/1534288?n=1

Also if you're interested in socializing and keeping up to date on new tools and maps, there are a variety of different 7k servers on discord, so ask around and you should be able to join pretty easily! For now though, here's a link to Coro's (yes the same one who made the megapacks above) 7k server:

https://discord.gg/XCV3bs7RFt
Rikuka
just play it and enjoy game , don't ever trust sr or grinding so hard on 1 map
McEndu

Delta386 wrote:

Everyone has already kinda made the right points already (play consistently, don't worry about sucking because it'll be really difficult at first but get a lot better), so instead I'll point you in the direction of some resources!

Here's a link to Coro's megapacks which have literally thousands of 7k beatmaps! You'll want a variety of maps to play so you're not just practicing a few patterns and instead working on your base fundamentals. Also who doesn't want more maps?

community/forums/topics/1534288?n=1

Also if you're interested in socializing and keeping up to date on new tools and maps, there are a variety of different 7k servers on discord, so ask around and you should be able to join pretty easily! For now though, here's a link to Coro's (yes the same one who made the megapacks above) 7k server:

https://discord.gg/XCV3bs7RFt
I won't recommend coro's megapack to new players. Most of the maps are tailored to expert level players, and full sets are few. You can search for ranked 7k maps in the browser by typing "keys=7".

Rikuka wrote:

Just play it and enjoy the game. Don't ever trust SR or grind so hard on 1* maps.
True. From my personal observation, throwing in a lot of LN would cripple SR, with inverses being heavily overrated no matter the keymode.