forum

[resolved] Osu closes after pressing windows button

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-PG18-
Problem details: osu closes the second I press the windows button.
not even an error on my screen, just closes the program.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Cant really show it since it gives no erros or warning

osu! version: Stable 20220323 (latest)
Death
Assuming the game is not just minimized, it's probably crashing. Please check your event viewer to see if anything was logged. This wiki page explains what to look for: wiki/en/Help_centre#event-viewer
Topic Starter
-PG18-
- System

- Provider

[ Name] NVIDIA OpenGL Driver

- EventID 1

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2022-04-01T12:24:52.4804775Z

EventRecordID 1369

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-S0O6M29

Security

- EventData

Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close. Error code: 3 (subcode 7) (pid=15764 tid=7568 osu!.exe 32bit) Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information.

(side note- for some reason osu sometimes gives me 17ms and i cant fix it unless i reset the pc or close and reopen osu again.)
Death
Your graphics driver appears to be broken. You should try reinstalling it.
Topic Starter
-PG18-
I factory reset the whole pc and when i download all the windows updates and graphics drivers too, still crashes...
Combability mode lets me exit the game without crashing but not without it, i tried repairing osu but that didnt work either.
Is there anything I can even do, apart from turing on ''Combability mode''?
Death
Reinstall your graphics driver because it probably wasn't installed correctly after factory resetting your PC.
Topic Starter
-PG18-
I did as you said and before I opened osu, I started recording on GeForce Experience and when I opened setting, exited full screen, It got fixed 😁
Thank you for helping me! I appreciate it very much!
Kwantis

-PG18- wrote:

I did as you said and before I opened osu, I started recording on GeForce Experience and when I opened setting, exited full screen, It got fixed 😁
Thank you for helping me! I appreciate it very much!
I am having the same issue. Could you tell me the steps you did because it is very frustrating that I can't leave the game without it crashing.
KaySt3R
I reinstalled the drivers but osu keeps crashing, how can I fix it?