forum

Changing how DT/HT works [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Jinxy
As we all know, Double and Half Time speeds and slows the song, respectively and it sometimes makes the song sound like BLARRGH.
But I've been playing a few other rhythm games (DJmax and Taiko DS) and noticed that they speed up how the beats are coming, not the whole song.

What I'm thinking:

1) Change how DT and HT works, making the approach circle much, MUCH faster/slower.

This would, of course lead to:

2) Having Easy and Hard Rock increase/decreas circle size and HP drain more, but leaving the approach circles untouched.

Or:

2b) As above, but approach circles change, but with a lower rate than it is now.

Unless this will screw up the game mechanics. Then trash the request.
peppy
Firstly, this would require a reset of rankings. Secondly, why not just play Hard Rock?
Gabi
it's fine as it is. i hate when people say that DT ruins a song, but what i wonder is what forces them to play it?

also what you requested is pretty much like HR imo
nardii
This and DT/HT are two different things. In other rhythm games there usually is a scroll speed modifier, but that is just a matter of preference and does not necessarily make the song harder, and usually has no effect on the score. DT/HT just spped up/slow down the song, and make the song easier/harder no matter what.
Kitsunemimi
I agree that DT/HT screws up the song (lol KONATA ZONE), but it's good the way it is. Lots of people have sdapted to the way DT/HT is, and the scores would get messed up. So no support here.
ignorethis
Personally I don't support this. DT and HT may speed up or slow down the songs and make them don't listen good. But DT is pretty challenging and fun to play, so I'd suggest leave the mods be, and don't change them.
Soaprman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Doomsday

Soaprman wrote:

Double time is awesome and fun and I won't have you changing it on me :(
Zekira
IMO this could be added as another mod instead of remaking DT/HT. Because as you know, Double Time and Speed Up has different definitions. For now I will temporarily call it as Baisoku/Sanbai/Yonbai in reference to Taiko's speed up mods...

Standard mode wouldn't need Baisoku since Hard Rock already fixes that. But for Taiko and CTB modes (not sure about CTB), this could be really usable -- this is because Taiko relies on changing the slider velocity (thus not changing anything else except the speed at which the notes come at you).

I will support this but only for implementation on Taiko -- this would be pretty pointless on standard.
Derekku
No. :|