forum

[added] Replay of a failed song

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +168
Topic Starter
Gigo
Ok, so everyone knows that when you fail a song, you can press F1 to watch your replay. But you can only do this once. How about if there was an option to watch your replay multiple times? You can just press F1 again and watch it as many times as you'd like. I am not talking about saving it or anything like that, just having the option to see it more than once.
Flanster
You wan't to see yourself fail multiple times? Well then I can't stop you :P
Doubt anyone would want this feature though but you never know!
FrzR
I don't like this one. I can't stand watching myself failing all over again. I'd prefer retrying. :v
Topic Starter
Gigo
I thought it would be nice to watch your replay several times, analyze your mistakes and do better next time... Fr33z3R, it's not like you are gonna be forced to watch your replay if you don't want to.
FrzR
Just my personal preference. xD
Stefan
Really there is no reason to argue with "you don't want to see you fail the Map". There can be some really good usage of this. Like analysing where are your weaker parts, where you actually fail a lot, what you have done wrong, etc.

As Artaxerx said you won't be forced to watch it. But you can. I support this feature, sounds useful to me.
puncia
test build already has a WIP feature which let you rewind/seek your replays. It's still pretty buggy yeah, but I guess it will fit this request once it will be finished.
Ballsund
Thought about this Too much last weeks.
And I rly wanted to see some of my hardest maps done well.
so I'm supporting this and Hoping Something about it will be done! :)
Bobbias

Puncia wrote:

test build already has a WIP feature which let you rewind/seek your replays. It's still pretty buggy yeah, but I guess it will fit this request once it will be finished.
Really? I guess I haven't watched any replays recently....

Either way, I support this. There are plenty of times I'd like to be able to rewatch certain parts of my replay if I fail, to be able to identify what I was missing. I play mania now, and it's even harder to identify what you've hit and what you've missed because there can be multiple notes at once, and you might only miss 1 or 2 of them.
puncia

Bobbias wrote:

Puncia wrote:

Really? I guess I haven't watched any replays recently....

Either way, I support this. There are plenty of times I'd like to be able to rewatch certain parts of my replay if I fail, to be able to identify what I was missing. I play mania now, and it's even harder to identify what you've hit and what you've missed because there can be multiple notes at once, and you might only miss 1 or 2 of them.
It is now disabled even on test build during replays, but it's still there if you watch osu! playing (that little bar in the middle of the gameplay field).
deadbeat

Puncia wrote:

fair point, will this feature really be that useful once the rewind/seek bar is working correctly?
Ziggo
Sounds useful, hope this gets implemented.
Nathanael
Yes, its actually useful for some people who watches where they usually misses. ( Like me.. >.< )
Therefore, I support this even I don't have any stars..

In my opinion,
There should be a list where you can see the failures. ( either by manually saving them or automatically with a toggle. )
Failed replays may be putted into the scoreboard on the dropdown item named Local Failures. I can't think of any places other than that.
Listing them should be when it is last played ( e.g. First: 1 minute ago, Last: 2 hours ago )
I know its not the request but I can imagine that its good to see something like that.
Winshley
I often am missing certain parts of where I missed, so I often would like to watch it again.
MarioBound
It is always nice to see yourself after a few month how noob you were back then.
Pianokid272
Old post yes but I'd really like to see this in game. Taking piano for 8 years, I'm very used to breaking songs up into chunks and playing them and seeing what I'm doing wrong. I would really like to rewatch a replay on a failed song because a majority of the time it's difficult to see the error in milliseconds in one try.
Caam
F1 with hyper cam
Coffee Hero

Nukes32 wrote:

F1 with hyper cam
I'd love to see the quality of that.
encryptik

Artaxerx wrote:

Ok, so everyone knows that when you fail a song, you can press F1 to watch your replay.

How did I not know that, take my stars anyway
Shivarion
In insane difficult, sometimes you play perfectly and just because you didn't focus for a sec you fail in that song....
If this feature get implemented i just hope for save replay button to be appear too...
show more