forum

McOsu Coding

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toyeonjeangikki
Guys, How can I freely and freely adjust the HP drain reduction rate regardless of Spinner, Length Spinner, Note Density, New Combo, OD, etc. like this?
https://github.com/McKay42/McOsu
WitherMite
by learning to code and making that system yourself.

the fact that despite asking multiple times you still haven't got an answer you like should tell you that there probably isn't a simple way to do this.
Topic Starter
Toyeonjeangikki
Ok. then, Where do I need to make coding modifications to affect McOsu?
WitherMite
you fork the project and change how HP drain works.

I dont know enough about coding to give you a better answer, but this is most likely not something you want as your first attempt at coding. People aren't going to walk you through how to make this happen line by line.

why do you want to do this though?
McKay

Toyeonjeangikki wrote:

Guys, How can I freely and freely adjust the HP drain reduction rate regardless of Spinner, Length Spinner, Note Density, New Combo, OD, etc. like this?
https://github.com/McKay42/McOsu
If you mean "I want to create my own HP drain algorithm from scratch", then that would go in OsuBeatmapStandard::computeDrainRate()

If you mean "I want to customize the existing HP drain algorithm without programming", then you would use the osu_drain_* ConVars via the console or cfgs.

Note:
  1. McOsu currently has 4 different drain types you can choose from (Options > Gameplay > Mechanics > "Select [HP Drain]").
  2. Half of them have no constant drain, while the other half do have constant drain.
  3. The amount of drain for every hit is calculated in OsuScore::getHealthIncrease().
  4. For example, the VR drain (drainType == 1) simply drains a fixed amount depending on 300/100/50/Slider30/Miss/Sliderbreak, completely ignoring any HP values coming from the beatmap.
If you don't want to use McOsu then you could also modify osu!lazer's source code for handling drain in DrainingHealthProcessor.cs and Judgement.cs.