forum

Custom hitsound library (Implemented by SFG) [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Yuukari-Banteki
Basically I'd like a topic or page where mappers can upload and download .mp3 and .wav files suitable for custom hitsounds. They could be sorted by type (hitwhistle, sliderslide, etc) and it would be a lot easier than the other ways of scrounging hitsounds. For that matter it helps solve the problem of "none of the hitsounds really sound good in my map so I don't want to put hitsounds in" and such.

i guess previews of the sounds would also be nice if you decide to implement this ;o that and short descriptions? That way the mapper has some idea what to expect before (s)he downloads the file.

EDIT: this has been implemented! go to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15407
LuigiHann
Someone (hint hint) could probably just start up a forum thread for the sharing of such things

It would be useful, but I don't think it needs an interface like you describe. It could just be done as a thread, with people posting the ones they've found
RemmyX25
inb4 Cyclone with the blank hitsound
Topic Starter
Yuukari-Banteki

LuigiHann wrote:

It would be useful, but I don't think it needs an interface like you describe. It could just be done as a thread, with people posting the ones they've found
i thought of that, but i think it would be harder for the users to find what they want in a thread format. plus, three attachments per post is going to make it annoying for mappers to post their hitsounds, especially mappers like Alace who have 12 hitsounds or more in their maps.
LuigiHann
I was thinking that people would post them to upppy in zips, and the thread starter would keep things organized in the first post.

I mean, somebody could make it into a little website if they wanted to, I'm just thinking it's detached enough from osu that it seems weird to expect peppy to set it up. Although now I'm having flashbacks to conversations a while back where he was interested in including a more robust hitsound assortment into osu, so this could play into that.
Gabi

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

i thought of that, but i think it would be harder for the users to find what they want in a thread format. plus, three attachments per post is going to make it annoying for mappers to post their hitsounds, especially mappers like Alace who have 12 hitsounds or more in their maps.
if they have loads of hitsounds they can upload them all togheter in 1 .rar file to the forums. below they can have descriptions of the hitsounds, or something in that way

anyways seems nice, lets see if people can bother uploading
Topic Starter
Yuukari-Banteki
okay, if i start a thread like this where should i put it?
Kitsunemimi
I think you should put it in Works in Progress/Help.
LuigiHann
I'd put it in general dev but I don't know. All the forums are so crowded
Gens
That's why there should be a beatmapping forum I like Harris73 suggestion.
Topic Starter
Yuukari-Banteki
maybe make it an announcement so that it wont get lost?
Gabi
or you can just pin it in the forum....
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
fffffffffff thank you SFG :3