forum

how do i install skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
helloguys123456
How do i install skins....when i m downloading one and opening it , just doesnt work it comes to default what shoudl i do??
Blushing
Are you downloading the .osk? or is it like a folder?

If it is the .osk (pink like file) then you should be able to just drag it into the osu! window/client and it will auto import and change.

If it is the file/folder then you will need to manually open the Skins folder within the osu! folder (easy way is to go into the osu! settings with 'ctrl+o' > scroll til you see "open osu! folder" > locate the skins folder > open skins folder > import the new skin that you want to use > go back into osu! then do ctrl+alt+shift+s and itll reload the skin and skin folder.

Or you can just put the skin folder while osu is closed and then when you open it up again the new skin should appear if it was manually imported.
Xykiam

Blushing wrote:

Are you downloading the .osk? or is it like a folder?

If it is the .osk (pink like file) then you should be able to just drag it into the osu! window/client and it will auto import and change.

If it is the file/folder then you will need to manually open the Skins folder within the osu! folder (easy way is to go into the osu! settings with 'ctrl+o' > scroll til you see "open osu! folder" > locate the skins folder > open skins folder > import the new skin that you want to use > go back into osu! then do ctrl+alt+shift+s and itll reload the skin and skin folder.

Or you can just put the skin folder while osu is closed and then when you open it up again the new skin should appear if it was manually imported.
I..entirely don't understand this as i came here trying to get a skin to work for me and i have...generally no clue what you mean by dragging it into the window/client due to it being minimized when i want to drag something in there, my taskbar only asks if i wish to pin it...
Blushing
If you have the .osk file and you have imported maps/skins previously then you can just double click the pink like file (the .osk).

If I am not mistaken if you can have the file hover over the osu! icon and it should bring up the osu! client in which the import icon on the cursor should appear.

If you are having any more difficulty or receiving an error when trying to import a skin then please open up your own thread and explain the issue the best you can.
strawpie1
It is a file

Blushing wrote:

If you have the .osk file and you have imported maps/skins previously then you can just double click the pink like file (the .osk).

If I am not mistaken if you can have the file hover over the osu! icon and it should bring up the osu! client in which the import icon on the cursor should appear.

If you are having any more difficulty or receiving an error when trying to import a skin then please open up your own thread and explain the issue the best you can.

It is a file but when i reset the skin after i drag it inside the skin folder nothing happened
Jangsoodlor

strawpie1 wrote:

It is a file

Blushing wrote:

It is a file but when i reset the skin after i drag it inside the skin folder nothing happened
If it's a file then just open it like when you import beatmaps