forum

Can't Improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Myuka
Hi, I have just come back to osu!mania after 6 months. The reason I quit was because I hit a point where I couldn't improve. This was around the 5.5* point. The main problem are my hands as I can read the patterns but can't actually execute them since they are so dense. I see people like Myuka and others executing dense-ass patterns but I can't press my keyboard fast enough. If this makes a difference, I have NovelKeys_ Creams as my switch. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to overcome this or if I just naturally play more!

@Delta 386

Delta386 wrote:

You're probably focusing too much on SR which is a pretty flawed system in the first place. Chances are you were still improving beforehand but couldn't see it because actual difficult charts aren't always higher SR.

Of course, taking a break will always cause some rust, especially at half a year. Try not to play at your previous peak right away as that'll only hurt you. Instead, play pretty easy stuff and work your way up again. It'll take a decent amount of time, but from my experience, it also leads to an insane skillboost, so it's worth it.
I didn't take that into consideration, but now thinking about it, it does seem a bit flawed. Now that I do think of it, I was improving.
DeltaNami
You're probably focusing too much on SR which is a pretty flawed system in the first place. Chances are you were still improving beforehand but couldn't see it because actual difficult charts aren't always higher SR.

Of course, taking a break will always cause some rust, especially at half a year. Try not to play at your previous peak right away as that'll only hurt you. Instead, play pretty easy stuff and work your way up again. It'll take a decent amount of time, but from my experience, it also leads to an insane skillboost, so it's worth it.
spaghetti demon
Your a bit better than me in terms of rank and abilities but try a keyboard with red switches, the actuation time should be less and you might be able to hit those denser streams. I haven't played with NovelKeys creams, so I can't draw a comparison, but most players that I know use red switches.
Hoshimegu Mio
I have S on 10* maps so SR doesn't even mean a lot.
Topic Starter
Myuka

spaghetti demon wrote:

Your a bit better than me in terms of rank and abilities but try a keyboard with red switches, the actuation time should be less and you might be able to hit those denser streams. I haven't played with NovelKeys creams, so I can't draw a comparison, but most players that I know use red switches.
Alright, I'll take that into consideration. I do believe NovelKeys_ Creams do have similar specs compared to reds so I'll look the actuation force and time up.