forum

can barely stream

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
melancholyx3
I've been struggle with streaming for quite a while and can't seem to accurately stream at ANY bpm. I need some tips and strategies to help improve my stream
jesse1412
raww_old
get a mech keyboard
Illus
I've had (and still have) the same problem as you. The general answers to that would be "mech keyboard" and "practice". But how to practice with such slow fingers? I've always thought that if you play harder/faster maps your fingers will be faster someday, but it turned out to be false.

You should try maps like this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72474 (note: it's unranked)

It's just one (or two) long stream(s) per song. Use NF and HT, if necessary. I started out at 105 bpm (140 + HT) and improved to 128 (170 + HT) in a few days. I'd say I can stream at that bpm when I get about 500 combo, but that's always up to your own interpretation. When you play slightly too high bpm you'll find a way to somehow get faster with your fingers because you got the goal to hit the notes that are slightly too fast, but not out of reach.
I don't exactly know why, but the ability to reliably stream at about 130 bpm improved my streaming skills to such extent that I could easily stream 10-15 notes at about 160 bpm and stop dying at short 200 bpm streams.

So try it out. It's really boring, but the most effective way to improve it (at least in my experience).
Zare

:roll:
AaronLyc
pracitce more and more
RaneFire
Mech keyboard helped me with my accuracy, but not my speed. Although Ideally, timing keypresses equally is probably a tad easier on mech.

I think I've played more stream practice maps alone than your entire playcount. And after going this route myself, I would recommend to people really to just play the game without trying to train individual aspects forever ad nauseum. Get a "feel" for the game, being technical about it only bogs you down.

Once you start trying to pre-program your finger speed because of the BPM you see in the song-listing, you have already thwarted yourself and is highly counter-intuitive. You should just be able to feel the rhythm and stream in time with the music because it feels like that's the right speed. Granted some maps mix 3/4 and 4/4 timings and these throw me off sometimes anyway.

You just need to play more and develop your sense of rhythm.
Topic Starter
melancholyx3
I already own a mechanical keyboard (cherry mx black) and I notice when i stream, I start off fast and then the speed decrease almost immediately. This really tricks me off because most of my favorite maps have stream in it and the fact that I cant complete it because of my bad streams is just dishearten. I guess I'll just play more since many of you has pointed out my low play count. Thanks for the advice