forum

[resolved] [confirmed] [web] Error when searching on Wiki

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pilot S10
When I type "game modifier" into the search box on the osu! Wiki and hit enter, this appears:

And it seems to be only when I search "game modifier"..
TheVileOne
Searching for anything returns FFFFF answer on osu!Wiki.
Topic Starter
Pilot S10

TheVileOne wrote:

Searching for anything returns FFFFF answer on osu!Wiki.
Really? I searched "mod" just now and it worked :?
TheVileOne
Hitting Go for a page that isn't there throws the FFFFF page, searching for anything using the Search button throws the FFFFF for any term.
Rorona
Searching on the website in general results in the FFFFF page for me.

Edit: This is the error 256 /repo/External/www/forum/includes/db/dbal.php 585 SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Marcin
Bump, it still happens.
peppy
Is removing the search bar a solution here? The google custom search should return wiki results.
MillhioreF

It does indeed. Probably a workable solution, especially since the wiki and site are supposed to be integrated tightly anyhow.
TheVileOne
Holy hell! Searching throws a serious fit now. It wasn't that notable on my slow page loading computer, but now that I am testing on computers at my College, this issue is very interfering. Trying to search kills your connection with the osu! site for nearly 5 seconds. Browser refreshing leads to a FFFFF, going back in the browser goes to FFFFF. Trying to access the wiki from an external link leads to a FFFFF. I can't load any osu! related page when this happens until about 5 seconds later.

I don't see it causing too much harm to remove it, but I really am curious why loading the equivalent to a 404 completely removes your ability to load pages from CloudFlare's network for 5 seconds.

Edit: Google search is no substitute for a wiki specific search. Common term searches will bury any wiki links.
Repflez

TheVileOne wrote:

Edit: Google search is no substitute for a wiki specific search. Common term searches will bury any wiki links.
Add inurl:wiki to the search terms on the Google search.
MillhioreF
Server migration caused this to suddenly be fixed. Hooray!