forum

how to make invisible circle gimmick

posted
Total Posts
8
Topic Starter
-[Pika]-
I have seen storyboard aspire maps like Pikaquim's Aleph-0 rip pikaquim and I have been mapping aspire for a long time but I don't understand how to make those storyboard gimmick maps. If anyone knows please tell me.
WitherMite
I think it was by giving a slider negative length in the .osu file.
Topic Starter
-[Pika]-

WitherMite wrote:

I think it was by giving a slider negative length in the .osu file.
i know people told me that but i dont know how
WitherMite
wiki/Client/File_formats/Osu_%28file_format%29#sliders

i dont know exactly how to make the length negative, but if simply adding a - to a small number doesnt work, looking at the .osu files of storyboard gimmick maps should give you an idea

yea, looking at aleph-0 seems the invisible circles are like this:

194,282,19236,6,0,L|0:0,1,-1

a linear slider with 1 repeat and a length of -1, no hitsounds, the second point is at 0:0 regardless of the head position not really sure how much that bit matters though
Topic Starter
-[Pika]-

WitherMite wrote:

wiki/Client/File_formats/Osu_%28file_format%29#sliders

i dont know exactly how to make the length negative, but if simply adding a - to a small number doesnt work, looking at the .osu files of storyboard gimmick maps should give you an idea

yea, looking at aleph-0 seems the invisible circles are like this:

194,282,19236,6,0,L|0:0,1,-1

a linear slider with 1 repeat and a length of -1, no hitsounds, the second point is at 0:0 regardless of the head position not really sure how much that bit matters though
thx
xKongou
This is actually a part of storyboarding (if you're not into codes)
Put a black and circular image on top of any objects you wanted to make them invisible (make sure you put it on "overlay" layer (the thing on the right side with orange text) so it covers the hit objects)

Keep in mind that the actual size of the "design" tab isn't similar to the actual size during gameplay
Kanteer
actually i think the way you do it is to make a small slider in a higher timing (like from 1/4 to 1/16) and that makes it invisible (i saw this on NiNo's acid rain aspire entry, and i thought it still might work)

just move the slider end or something after you like the placement and it should work
gummibar

Kanteer wrote:

actually i think the way you do it is to make a small slider in a higher timing (like from 1/4 to 1/16) and that makes it invisible (i saw this on NiNo's acid rain aspire entry, and i thought it still might work)

just move the slider end or something after you like the placement and it should work
nah, this doesn't work. it doesn't save.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply