forum

Make Taiko more taiko-like

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Alex311360
I've noticed there are some essential Taiko gameplay items that I have not seen in osu!, and I would like to see if they could get added.

1. Replace Spinners with Balloons. This could also allow the use of a new skin, which is the balloon blowing up. These only use red drums.

2. Yams. These give points depending on how fast you eat/drum them. Only use red drums.

3. Allow any amount of hits on sliders. This got annoying to me because I could only hit in the beat and not drum as fast as I could to get more points.

I don't know if these have been disallowed due to a certain reason, but I would like to see these suggestions/readds in.

Thanks. :D
Shohei Ohtani
A lot of this is probably gonna be denied because osu! taiko isn't supposed to be a taiko no tsujutsi or whatever the its what called.

But like I'm not 100% sure, I'm not experienced in taiko

There's probably a duplicate of this somewhere that I'm in no mood to find :P
Ayesha Altugle

CDFA wrote:

A lot of this is probably gonna be denied because osu! taiko isn't supposed to be a taiko no Tatsujin
Fixed that word for you
TouchFluffyTail
Spinners turning into balloons would be the best, I love hitting balloons in Tatsujin, but in osu's taiko spinners feel really bleh.

Really I mostly just want skinning options, like turning the HP bar rainbow on 100%, having dancers come in as you pass health milestones, and stuff like that.

Oh also I want the view pulled back a bit so you have more view of the lane. :o
FrzR
I'm neutral about this. Though i like the balloon part. Let's see what the devs are on to this. :3
boat

Alex311360 wrote:

2. Yams. These give points depending on how fast you eat/drum them. Only use red drums.

3. Allow any amount of hits on sliders. This got annoying to me because I could only hit in the beat and not drum as fast as I could to get more points.
These are silly because this is a rhythm game and mindlessly mashing buttons shouldn't be weighted over accuracy.
quaternary

boat wrote:

Alex311360 wrote:

These are silly because this is a rhythm game and mindlessly mashing buttons shouldn't be weighted over accuracy.
spinners

You could probably skin a spinner to look sort of like a balloon... does spinner-background show under taiko?
Stefan
Play TnT if you perfer this kind of Taiko Gameplay.

Point Three has been denied already to prevent hacking/cheating with Spambots to reach #1 Ranks per Drumrolls.
MMzz

Stefan wrote:

Point Three has been denied already to prevent hacking/cheating with Spambots to reach #1 Ranks per Drumrolls.
Yup, but sliderticks still suck to play. Sliders should be mash-able but with a capped amount of score like they are now.
quaternary

Stefan wrote:

Good point. I remember on T-Aiko for Android I would hit drumrolls with eight fingers, getting 8x the score on each roll. My score would just rocket, even though I was and still am a taiko noob. Good times :P

This would also change the max score on all maps with drumrolls, causing many people to lose their high score to a cheater.

So my response:
1. Try skinning them? spinner-clear could be the balloon pop, spinner background (if any) would be the balloon.
2. Too similar to spinners, really.
3. Stefan is totally right.
Topic Starter
Alex311360

MMzz wrote:

Sliders should be mash-able but with a capped amount of score like they are now.
This would fix the spambot problem easily.
Pizzicato

Alex311360 wrote:

this will affect the scoring, which will be bad for the current top 50's i think
boat

tuddster wrote:

spinners

You could probably skin a spinner to look sort of like a balloon... does spinner-background show under taiko?
Score is capped and you can complete them without mashing, does not favor fast tapping over accuracy.

Skinning the spinner like that has already been done. Should be somewhere in the skinning section.

I like the sliders the way they are.
TouchFluffyTail

boat wrote:

tuddster wrote:

spinners

Score is capped and you can complete them without mashing, does not favor fast tapping over accuracy.

Skinning the spinner like that has already been done. Should be somewhere in the skinning section.

I like the sliders the way they are.
You can sorta skin spinners into balloons, but for me it's not about the way they look. I hate the way spinners are. Though I don't know how many people feel this way.

Sliders shouldn't be changed, because of aforementioned scoring changes and the cheating concern.
- Marco -
I like this :D
xxbidiao
I think this is not possible because peppy said that if too many authentic things come into osu! (1) The game would not be original (2)he would have law issues.

(This is why osu! standard skin is re-made to completely go away from ouendan...)
Though more or less some elements is OK to add into the game I think...
TouchFluffyTail

xxbidiao wrote:

I think this is not possible because peppy said that if too many authentic things come into osu! (1) The game would not be original (2)he would have law issues.

(This is why osu! standard skin is re-made to completely go away from ouendan...)
Though more or less some elements is OK to add into the game I think...
Gameplay wise I honestly just want spinners to play more like balloons. :o
DakeDekaane

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Gameplay wise I honestly just want spinners to play more like balloons. :o

I'd rather suggest adding balloons as a new object as both work in a different way, but that means it'd be better to ask for a Taiko editor, iirc there's already a thread about that.

Edit: found it t/49527 if someone is interested.
RepHurricane340

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Spinners turning into balloons would be the best, I love hitting balloons in Tatsujin, but in osu's taiko spinners feel really bleh.

Really I mostly just want skinning options, like turning the HP bar rainbow on 100%, having dancers come in as you pass health milestones, and stuff like that.

Oh also I want the view pulled back a bit so you have more view of the lane. :o
Spinners are in taiko DS.
nana1231
I like it.