forum

How long should you wait before talking to a bn?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Davour
I'm attempting to get my first map ranked and I'm still waiting on probably a few more mods but I was wondering how you know if your map is ready to be submitted to a bn?
DeletedUser_13957006
whenever you think the map is good enough

looking at you though... there's a problem. your maps are not rankable.
if you want specific explanations you can always ask, but, just know that they are not rankable.
EtheralAzure
Agree what Aiq had mentioned; u still need a rly long way to go.
Not picking out specific issues as well (but u may still ask), but the map doesn't even meet the ranking criteria (which is the most basic requirements for a map to be ranked, can be viewed on the wiki)
To have a lone expert (>5.3*) diff ranked, drain time (i.e. actual map length) should be more than 5:00. There're also standards for hard (3:30) / insane (4:15) as the lowest diff, but the song doesn't meet any of them, so u must add a normal and have a reasonable spread (can be regarded as u need a normal, a hard, an insane and another expert if the insane is just over 4*)
Although neither Aiq nor I have any ranked maps, I'm 100% sure what we're saying is reliable.
Sophie Twilight
Let's just say... in your case, 2-3 more years
TheKingHenry

- Mahiro - wrote:

Let's just say... in your case, 2-3 more years
I would refrain from giving some kind of time estimates; mapping improvement is more tied to the amount of mapping (and efficiency in learning from that mapping etc.) than raw time

aka, not only that different people learn at different pace, but that same person will learn at different speed depending on how much they map or how they approach those maps they do and so on

in any case to answer the original question, there isn't some kind of specific waiting period. I guess pretty much like

Aiq wrote:

whenever you think the map is good enough
unfortunately though when you are starting out, it's kinda unlikely for you to know yourself when the map actually is good enough - not to mention that with first few maps it won't be the case either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
epic man 2
When you think your map is ready for attempts at qualification/ranking, then I suppose that is when you can send check requests for BNs.