forum

Any advice for beginner 4k Mania mappers?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ManiacalNoob
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to make good 4k Mania map, I have been working on one for a bit but wanted to make sure that I know as much as I can before I just submit a bad map that could've had potential. Any advice is well appreciated :)
x_yx
idk maybe this might guide you lol wiki/en/Guides/osu%21mania_Mapping_Guide

but the key to make a perfect good map is that you make a map that you personally enjoy playing it too
nico-
Always time right, if your timing is correct, odds are your map will turn out quite fine too, if u want help with anything you can message me, I'll take a look when I have free time
Topic Starter
ManiacalNoob

x_yx wrote:

idk maybe this might guide you lol wiki/en/Guides/osu%21mania_Mapping_Guide

but the key to make a perfect good map is that you make a map that you personally enjoy playing it too
Thank you for the guide, it actually helped me with a couple things I was having trouble with, being patterns and the 1/4 1/8 stuff.

king hammer wrote:

Always time right, if your timing is correct, odds are your map will turn out quite fine too, if u want help with anything you can message me, I'll take a look when I have free time
And thank you for the offer, if I run into further trouble I will most likely contact you for help. : )
epic man 2
When it comes to representing sounds in the song, try and listen to the song and place notes in appropriate timestamps as you go along — there should be some mapping tutorials out there which could help, but also taking a look at other mapper's maps and taking inspiration from said maps are also beneficial as well (Or at least, in my opinion). It is healthy to learn a bunch of mapping styles and techniques for when you chart songs for versatility and flexibility in your skill, so don't be afraid to go out of your comfort sone for mapping!