forum

[resolved] Motion to bring back the spinner approach circle

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
D33d
The updated spinner was obviously intended to look sleeker and less obtrusive during gameplay. However, I think I'm among a strong representation of people who really want to see an approach circle on the thing. While the growing and feedback of the spinner make it very obvious as to when it's been completed, it's still ambiguous as to when the spinner finishes. Changing the shade of red on the outline does nothing for this, because it's hard to tell how red is red enough.

I can understand if this is to encourage the player to keep spinning and spinning until the very end, or to avoid clutter on top of the crazy animation, but not all spinners end in the same place. Lots of maps have spinners with objects very close to their ends, so the ambiguity can add an unneeded amount of stress. Otherwise, it's simply good to show the player, as clearly as possible, how much time they actually have to complete a spinner.

As an example, Mashley had somehow managed to add the approach circle to his map of 'Get Lucky' and I feel that it adds much more to the event. On top of the feedback, it feels complete. I got plenty used to the lack of an approach circle, but seeing it in this map reminded me of how much I missed it. The approach makes it more dramatic as well.

What do you guys think? Personally, I see no harm in it and it should hardly be difficult to implement again.

Excuse me if there were already threads about this, but I already tried to search for this request and I didn't see it.
peppy
You can skin it. No plans to change default.