forum

Does FNF give you a small start on OSU mania???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NorwayYT
Just asking.
Phantonym
As long as its VSRG and have multiple keys it does give you some insight how to play mania.
TheWalterHubb11
For higher difficulties, even on 4k, your fnf skills might screw you over
TheAngryNerd101
You're much better off starting with literally any other VSRG and then moving to osu!mania, even Flash Flash Revolution (abbreviated as FFR). Quaver, Etterna, FFR and osu!mania itself gives you a much better introduction and start to the world of VSRG than fnf or (if you play roblox for some reason) funky friday. Robeats would be a better starting point if it weren't for gears, although there is Robeats CS (Community Server) with tons more charts, no gears, and even a 2D mode which is an alright starting point.

You're still best off starting with o!m, Etterna or Quaver if you're looking to get into 4k. The reason I say this is because theses 3 games are much better for helping new players build the necessary fundamentals to grow into good players. Think of it as improving in a sport. It's the difference between starting off with ping pong / table tennis and then moving to tennis as opposed to starting off on tennis and improving from there.
Gamesnake7

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

You're much better off starting with literally any other VSRG and then moving to osu!mania, even Flash Flash Revolution (abbreviated as FFR). Quaver, Etterna, FFR and osu!mania itself gives you a much better introduction and start to the world of VSRG than fnf or (if you play roblox for some reason) funky friday. Robeats would be a better starting point if it weren't for gears, although there is Robeats CS (Community Server) with tons more charts, no gears, and even a 2D mode which is an alright starting point.

You're still best off starting with o!m, Etterna or Quaver if you're looking to get into 4k. The reason I say this is because theses 3 games are much better for helping new players build the necessary fundamentals to grow into good players. Think of it as improving in a sport. It's the difference between starting off with ping pong / table tennis and then moving to tennis as opposed to starting off on tennis and improving from there.
Etterna is a bit tough to set up for beginners since adding noteskins and songs (unless you have the pack downloader) requires a bit of work to actually add them to the game. But yeah there's an instruction on how to do those things and the forums also exist just in case you need beginner maps.

To the OP: It's ok to start with FNF if you want to learn the basics (as in knowing which key is which) but improvement will be pretty slow if you keep playing it (from what I've seen, most FNF charts are either very easy or very hard and it's rare to find something in between, and with nice quality. If that's the case, then yeah moving to other 4K VSRGs is a better solution.
onko342
I've heard that FNF has a large timing window so if you want to play hard maps you should first get used to osu!mania's timing window

I don't know anything more on the topic as I don't play mania
Neigdoig

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

I should also mention Stepmania (which is what Etterna is based off of). You can play Etterna simfiles in Stepmania or OutFox (the Stepmania version I play). I would recommend Quaver personally, and find a skin you can easily read. Might I recommend the Plushu Reupload?
jbminerlol
yeah its easy but hard because fnf players its easy