forum

How to be a five star player in osu!mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GenotypicRatio
I've been actively playing osu!mania for almost three months and skill progression is quite good. Now I noticed that it's getting harder to find maps around this range since some of them are really hard or really easy. Can you guys give me a list of maps that can help me become a five star player someday? Thanks a lot!
MarioUniverseZ
triumph & regret
midgy
genetics, you just have to be born with the talents
mystV

midgy wrote:

genetics, you just have to be born with the talents
true bri'ish chickn
Haengsyo
Play unranked maps. In mania, playing ranked only maps only get you so far. Get map packs, CCC1, CCC2, etterna converts, stamina packs, etc and practice them. Aim for 95% or above(considering you are still learning fundamentals), and keep pushing yourself every day. Drink lots of water, and get lots of sleep, making sure you're taking appropriate breaks as well.
UltraBlack
The one above me is not wrong, but honestly the thing which ou will never see anywhere is that you will never be a specific star player, for example, i started playing 5 stars on september 2020 and i still playing it, 4 stars pretty much the same. The star rating is not useless but you should not care for it and look for the type of maps you will play and the density of it's pattern. You can play 7 star jacks and only be able to play 5 star stream maps, that happen. For now try playing not overral maps but pattern based maps this way, improving the patterns separately you get better faster than playing short overall maps. You can search maps on the web and also ask some for players. Btw genetics are nothing, I'm born with a problem in my left middle finger and I still going. I would recommend aiming for 93 and 95, if you don't get 95 look for 93 if you don't 93 aim for A rank, and if you don't get A rank you are playing the wrong difficulty most of times. Enjoy playing for now and don't worry about star rating, you will get there sometime just keep trying.
if you don't know what is pattern density just ask someone about it
Hoshimegu Mio
Skip it and ascend to 8*.
Keiru_old_1

GenotypicRatio wrote:

I've been actively playing osu!mania for almost three months and skill progression is quite good. Now I noticed that it's getting harder to find maps around this range since some of them are really hard or really easy. Can you guys give me a list of maps that can help me become a five star player someday? Thanks a lot!
skip from specific levels by about 4.5 star
[-Omni-]

YyottaCat wrote:

Skip it and ascend to 8*.
based opinion :tf:
Stomiks
This was 13 months ago omni.
15C

Stomiks wrote:

This was 13 months ago omni.
based opinion
cypherusuh
appropriate to comment this 13 hours after someone commented
but yes, as a certified *5 clearer, you basically just grind and hoped you haven't got carpal tunnel before reaching *5
some additional tips:
  1. Find your offset sweet spot, try to play *4.5 and see if you could get under 2 digit late/early.
  2. Adjust your scroll speed so it's as comfortable as possible.
  3. Sitting position is also important. google that "proper computer sitting" that looks like stupid aah meme from 90s.
  4. last but not least, pay2win and get better PC and monitor so you could play on higher FPS
15C
offset ?