forum

[Appreciation] The Pending button changed, so let's talk about that

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chiru-kun
So I woke up today.

...and was scrolling through the most recent pending Yorushika beatmaps as per usual every day when I realized that half the maps were gone. And then I saw another button beside it: the WIP button.

Much appreciated change! Now I can filter between completed unranked maps and incomplete unranked maps. I find this beneficial as a mapper and as a fan of a niche group of maps. Now I can choose whether I want to look for unranked maps to play or unranked maps to mod. Although it will probably take some time for mappers to start taking the Pending/WIP button seriously.'

Will definitely be using this when looking for Yorushika maps.
Anyone else wanna drop their favorite search query utilizing this new feature? Like, another group of mappers working on one artist or something?

GMTs feel free to move the post if this is the wrong place Thanks
sayucat_
isnt that feature in the site for like years
Eni
A nice change indeed! It should be possible for BSS to automatically prevent mappers from submitting wip maps as pending (e.g. no hitsounds, doesn't meet spread requirements). That could happen when mapset verifier becomes a part of osu!lazer.
epic man 2

Project Railgun wrote:

A nice change indeed! It should be possible for BSS to automatically prevent mappers from submitting wip maps as pending (e.g. no hitsounds, doesn't meet spread requirements). That could happen when mapset verifier becomes a part of osu!lazer.
So what about maps which aren't intended for ranking, but don't satisfy ranking requirements either way? There's a bunch of maps in Osu!Mania from what i've seen which are pretty much challenge maps with rates (Difficulties for separate rates are unrankable due to usage of multiple audio mp3 files, same with "song packs") which are put in pending while the vanilla chart should be complete most of the time.
lewski
for those maps it's only an issue for a month cause everything is equal in the graveyard

although personally ive never felt the need to regulate pending vs wip anyway