forum

Slider Designs for My Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rhythm32
This is the Beatmap. It's a 2.8* map. Also I have been having trouble finding some good slider desgins for this beatmap. what you can do to help me is that snapshot your slider designs and drop it here. MAKE SURE THAT THE DURATION OF YOUR SLIDER DESIGNS MATCH MY BEATMAP'S SLIDERS!!!
WitherMite
Oh, I'll expand a bit on what I meant by that then.

You have many slidershapes that are ver similar to commonly used simple sliders, but youve added nodes that make them look messier and unpolished, which is why I said to look at other maps and how they make sliders.

try to keep your simple slidershapes to 2 or 3 red or white anchors, and for red anchors try to put them in the middle or at 1/3 of the way from the beginning or end.

also if there are two sliders that are almost exactly the same shape right next to each other, just make one an exact copy of the other unless you have a reason not to.

Though I do think you should move on from this map and map another song, its not worth trying to continually fix your first few maps since youll have to remap multiple times and its better to just gain more experince with different music.
Topic Starter
Rhythm32
Yeah. if the osu! community drops their slider designs then it'll be very helpful to me. Thanks for your feedback here too. Really appreciate it. I will map more diffrent genres of music in the future.
WitherMite
in hindsight though, slider design was the wrong word to use, I should've said slider construction tbh, there's nothing inherently wrong about the shapes you chose, but the way you went about making the simple shapes could just be a bit better.
Krrish Bruh
https://imgur.com/a/miPJO you can refer to these patterns and ofc some other maps of the same star difficulty. Also what WitherMite said try using less nodes instead of randomly spamming anchorpoints to make a shape