forum

Do you prefer a cursor trail or are happy with none?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jentle
Herro, I have been playing since the start with a cursor trail, now I have noticed different playstyles when I turn the trail off. For example, I am more inclined to stop and hit every note more accurately when I don't have a cursor trail and am better at spaced streams when I have a trail on because the cursor glides along nicely and I just have to maintain a speed which I can approximate looking at the trail length. So, what do you prefer and why?

Looking to learn from others experience.
Kanye West
I don't like a cursor trail. When I'm snapping to notes, the trail just gets in the way and I can't see anything.

Also, this would probably be better in G&R.
JAKACHAN

Kanye West wrote:

I don't like a cursor trail. When I'm snapping to notes, the trail just gets in the way and I can't see anything.

Also, this would probably be better in G&R.
[ Zan ]
I like to have a very "faint" trail that doesn't appear too much but is there to guide me to some notes
SapphireGhost
No cursor is best. Moved to Gameplay & Rankings for further discussion.
RaneFire
It's kinda distracting, but I was so familiar with using one I had to compromise:
Had a very transparent black snowflake trail that I couldn't see except on sliders.
Am now using a very thin cursor trail with a big fat easy-to-see cursor... Lets me see how I get to the next note, dam my hand moves funny...
Aqo

SapphireGhost wrote:

No cursor is best.
trail-only playstyle gogo
djjsixpack
I prefer none, cursor trail is kind of distracting.
Loves
Cursor trail makes me spin faster but no trail makes me better at HR HD
Winshley
I play with big cursor trail all the time. No particular reason though, I just feel like it.
Soulg
Cursor trail makes it feel like I spin better, and doesn't really affect me otherwise. So cursor trail.
quaternary
I have a tiny cursor, so I use a trail.

Try making a 1px x 1px white square in gimp and set it as your cursortrail, it looks great :D
raww_old
None, it doesn't serve any purpose to me, would only distract at small CS
Starry-
I use a big trail but I'm horrid at aiming. ;o;
Aaaand nooooow I don't use a trail.
Mathsma
Until recently I haven't used a cursor trail because I found them too distracting, but I made a new cursor\trail combo that I really like and have started using a trail on my new skin. If you want to check it out click here.
Thatgooey
I tried playing with no trail but I found that I like using it. I don't use follow points, though. I know a lot of people who don't use it anymore, but it helps me.
Topic Starter
Jentle
I have stopped using cursor trail and I have concluded that I just love how well I can do without the trail distracting me. For me, the cursor trail were training wheels on my cycle, now I have gotten rid of them. Thanks everyone :)