forum

Transitioning from blue switches to red switches?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GrimGrimdim
I recently bought a new keyboard, and my new keyboard has red switches. I have noticed that i have gotten a bit worse than when i was using blue switches, it just feels as if i dont have a proper control of my fingers when i play, sometimes missing on easy sections of a song . It's kinda hard to describe, but what i am sure of is that i am not playing at the same skill that i was before. Does this have anything to do with getting used to my keyboard? or do i just need to keep practicing/make sure something else is different and solve it?
midgy
you're proabbly just not used to the keyboard yet, red swtches are not only quite a bit lighter than blues but they lack the tactile feedback to let you know when it's been actuated, the misses you get are could from not pushing the key far enough down maybe?
just practice will solve it yeah, you essentially need to relearn the muscle memory since it's quite a bit different all of a sudden
UltraBlack
When i changed from a membrane to a red switch keyboard i got really anoyed by the feeling, it took me something around 3-4 months to me to get used to it but i still play better with membrane or tactiles, i play with brown switches now, if you really don't like the feeling change back to tactile. I believe you will get "used" to it with time.