forum

Pause ''Arrow'' on Sliders [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
GladiOol
Topic is unclear I know ;x.
But I gotta keep that short.

Sometimes when I play osu and there is a slider with a reverse arrow I pause on them, for example because some1 mentioned my name in chat so I check it out.
But when I get back then I have no idea which ''way'' the slider will go?
Left or Right?

Sometimes it messes up my combo, well yeah~
(I know I'm just a lazy ass, but if there than could be some arrow ''pointing'' the way out which way the slider will go, it'll be awesome IMO.)
Sry for my english~
Gens
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
It's your fault for pausing on a slider. If you're compelled to do so, remember which direction you were going, it should be pretty obvious just by looking at the paused beatmap anyway. I completely disagree.
Gemi

Echo wrote:

It's your fault for pausing on a slider. If you're compelled to do so, remember which direction you were going, it should be pretty obvious just by looking at the paused beatmap anyway. I completely disagree.
This. Pausing in a rhythm game is sort of "cheating" anyway, and I don't want it to be made any more easier in any way. (for example stamina should still be a part of playing even on mouse based rhythm games, imo)
YoshiKart
If the slider's long enough, look at its ticks, and you'll know where it's going.
mm201

Gemi wrote:

Pausing in a rhythm game is sort of "cheating" anyway
Not really, considering how pausing throws off your rhythm completely. Pausing is more of a handicap, especially since that "click where your mouse was" thing was introduced.

YoshiKart wrote:

If the slider's long enough, look at its ticks, and you'll know where it's going.
This. And if the slider's too short to have ticks, mouse movement probably isn't even required on it.
Gemi

MetalMario201 wrote:

Gemi wrote:

Pausing in a rhythm game is sort of "cheating" anyway
Not really, considering how pausing throws off your rhythm completely. Pausing is more of a handicap, especially since that "click where your mouse was" thing was introduced.
This would be true if maps didn't have empty space in them, but a huge portion of the osu maps do have breaks in them where you can pause the game and rest your hand and then continue without losing the rhythm as you have the rest of the break to get your beat back. Also, if you are good enough you can pause almost anywhere and from the approach circle you can still see how long it is to your next click. I personally have done this now and then with little problem, usually 300 comboing even after the pause as long as it isn't the hardest part of the map.

Of course this isn't as huge of an issue as it would be in more physical games such as dance games, where the stamina side is really a huge part of the game, but it's still an issue, imo.