forum

Faster Single/Stream Speeds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HMF
Title says it all, how did you as an osu player, improve your single/stream speed. For myself, I cannot single tap, stream. Its horrible as i believe its the only thing holding me back from being a decent player. Accuracy wise, i usually have a hit error of +-9~10ms and can play AR10 and OD 10 songs no problem. But once the BPM goes past 200, i am no longer able to hold my accuracy and stream speeds are weak. DT is a mod i hate to use since i cant play fast. Any maps or recommendations for improvement would be greatly appreciated.
Kert

HMF wrote:

can play AR10 and OD 10 songs no problem
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/1137
Post results
Topic Starter
HMF
http://imgur.com/lZMDYFD

second playthrough, im assuming that is what u are looking for. ill throw another up another one after i get used to it

EDIT: Tried to HR but u fail after the spinner thing, wasnt about to try to 100% that all the way on HR so heres the updated version

http://imgur.com/JEiNZZz
Breiz
I improved my speed by playing the game. Like everyone else.

Actually we all use magic, but of course we won't tell you how.
Soulg

HMF wrote:

EDIT: Tried to HR but u fail after the spinner thing, wasnt about to try to 100% that all the way on HR so heres the updated version
spin faster?
Moonpower

Kert wrote:

HMF wrote:

can play AR10 and OD 10 songs no problem
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/1137
Post results
Why post that map? Had to use an offset of 20 ms to get decent acc on it.
First try after using said offset:
JAKACHAN
Here's your problem:

It took me a good 1-1/2 years to actually stream decently or even play well in general. And in that time frame I played about 40-50k playcount. Play more and you will see results, but if you worry about results you will end up doing even worse.
jesse1412

JAKACHAN wrote:

Here's your problem:

It took me a good 1-1/2 years to actually stream decently or even play well in general. And in that time frame I played about 40-50k playcount. Play more and you will see results, but if you worry about results you will end up doing even worse.
Shut up jaka.

I agree with jaka.
Topic Starter
HMF
Ok thanks guys. I honestly thought that by 15,000 plays, people would be able to stream well. Guess i am mistaken.
nomen
Even after year and a half I can't stream decently, but I can stream better than a year ago. Streaming speed/stamina improves whit time, for someone it comes faster than others. which actually drives me crazy
Topic Starter
HMF
Yeah, its frustrating to play a song and not be able to tap fast enough. Streaming past 200 for more than 15 notes just locks my fingers up. My problem is that i enjoy playing Rins and val type songs and other high difficulty songs. I heard many ways to improve speed (such as spamming high bpm stream songs) but nothing really seems to work but time.
Jentle
Streaming fast for me is a matter of training my mind to believe I can do it and then having the stamina in my arm to actually do it. That can be done by having a good hit sound, good support for your arms (atleast your streaming arm) and just lots of practice. Once you have enough practice, its just muscle memory and you will stream even faster :D Now the two most essential things from the above are: support for your arm and practice. Some people might be great streamers even without any hit sounds :P
Starry-
Even now I have troubles streaming and tapping and yet I have 35k plays on mostly speedy maps - however I have noticed a lot of improvement since. It will improve with time.
Espionage724
Try coffee (or other energy-enhancing/focusing products)?
RaneFire

Espionage724 wrote:

Try drink sugar-free cooldrink that contains aspartame. It has a neurological effect, added in such miniscule amounts as a sweetener (larger amounts are fatal), but basically "it excites the neurons in your brain to the point of cellular death." You get improved concentration, but after it wears off you feel burnt out, much like coffee. But I think it's really unhealthy just from that definition.
Espionage724

RaneFire wrote:

Espionage724 wrote:

Try drink sugar-free cooldrink that contains aspartame. It has a neurological effect, added in such miniscule amounts as a sweetener (larger amounts are fatal), but basically "it excites the neurons in your brain to the point of cellular death." You get improved concentration, but after it wears off you feel burnt out, much like coffee. But I think it's really unhealthy just from that definition.
That does sound kind of unhealthy lol... sounds like a pretty efficient temporary energy boost though for sure
RaneFire
Well you know it's unhealthy because the food industry has made a point of repeating citations ad-nauseum on various websites saying how safe it is, like "she doth protest too much." Too many companies depend on the chemical to give it up. That said I do think it is safe in moderation and plenty of drinks contain it, you will only start noticing once you look at the ingredients.
Topic Starter
HMF
As a person who drinks coffee daily, i dont feel a difference. ill attempt too play more maps like chipscape and freedom dive.
raww_old
As a former full-alternate player, i still cannot stream/singletap 200+, but like you I can play HR,HD well on 150-180 bpm. I keep trying to play 200 bpm (tried o'er the flood training 1 hour kept playing the map over and over) and to little avail. I'm at around 34k playcount at this point, and I envy players who can stream 200+ already at around 6k plays with their terrible aim. But alas, everybody has their own learning curves and strong sides. While I keep attempting to improve my speed, i'm mainly trying to excel in accuracy.