forum

What are ALL the components to master in mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dreamer_420
I think it's:
- Reading
- Speed
- Accuracy
- Stamina

but the thing is, those are pretty vague, and they overlap alot. Reading could be broken down into patterns and reading speed, speed could be broken down into jacking and one hand trilling, bla bla.

Could someone help me out?
Entropy21
yeah those are like the basic fundamentals, and yes it can be broken down into subcategories, if you played etterna before you'll know what im talking about.

important skills are:
- tech
- stream
- stamina
- jack
- dump

and the niche ones are:
- ln
- sv
- vibro

these can be broken down into subcategories, example:
- stream > jumpstream, handstream
- jack > jackspeed, chordjack
- ln > inverse
etc.

well this is all i know from my experience, im sorry if i forgor something...

correction...my dead brain said beatmap types instead of skills
so yeah those are types of beatmaps uwu
Topic Starter
Dreamer_420
Damn yeah this is exactly the answer I was looking for.

ty dude
midgy
the 5 broader types of skills are tech, jacks, "stamina"(usually what people refer to dense streams as), speed and LN those all would have subcatergories for example:

• tech: minijacks, bursts, awkward patterns, irregular rhythms, polyrhythms, etc.

jacks: jack speed, chordjack density reading, jack control and jack stamina

"stamina": jumpstream, handstream, trills, split trills, sustained long streams

speed: single note streams, light jumpstream, bursts

ln: hybrid (which focuses on the other skillsets a lot), inverse, release timing, and density/speed
you can start to see the clearly overlap in each catergory here

both reading and accuracy are just core fundamentals that are needed within all skillsets but you could also futher break those down into:

• reading: chord density, stream speeds, anchor content and mental stamina

accuracy: MA/ratio (trying to get as much MAX as possible), PA (trying to lower your great count for an SS), CB count (the number of 100s, 50s or misses you get)
oh svs exist too i suppose, is a gimmick though learning an sv map won't make you improve at anything but those sv
Topic Starter
Dreamer_420
Thats even more thorough. Very helpful!

P.S: have you been drinking your soy milk? Cant wait to see the delicious results of your work!
midgy

Dreamer_420 wrote:

Thats even more thorough. Very helpful!

glad to help!

Dreamer_420 wrote:

P.S: have you been drinking your soy milk? Cant wait to see the delicious results of your work!
i have indeed but who said you get to see the results? only those with adequate mania genes are allowed sorry, this butt is for merami.