forum

[Archived] osu crashes after few seconds when streaming + crash report

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
maximalio
Explain the issue you are having:
osu crashing after the first minute has passed while any livestream programm is livestreaming (obs/xsplit). doesnt crash the livestreaming programm or any other running programm

error message given after crash:
SPOILER
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
at #Yc.#ed.#Ju()
at #Yc.#4c.#st()
at #Yc.#4c.#rt()
at #Yc.#4c.#Ct(Object , EventArgs )
at #Yc.#8c.#Zt()
at #Yc.#nd.#dw(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #Yc.#nd.#It()
at #Yc.#4c.#It()
at #Wo.#Vo.#0qb(String , Boolean )

i have asked several osu livestreamers if they have the same problem but they none do.

how it happens:
open obs/xsplit
open osu
start livestreaming
try to start a song
crash

crash info above, i dont know what any of it means but hopefully someone who does sees this.

thank you for your time :)
-max
TheVileOne
Sounds to me like the stream software is trying to force the game to run in a different resolution than what the game is set to run on. Make sure that the resolution that captures from the streaming software is the same as the one that osu! is running. See if the crash happens on both renderers.
MillhioreF
I'm not sure where TVO got resolution from. Your graphics card is definitely having a cow though - might wanna download a GPU monitoring program and see if the extra burden caused by livestreaming isn't causing it to overheat.
TheVileOne
Wild guess ^_^
Topic Starter
maximalio

MillhioreF wrote:

I'm not sure where TVO got resolution from. Your graphics card is definitely having a cow though - might wanna download a GPU monitoring program and see if the extra burden caused by livestreaming isn't causing it to overheat.
my laptop is used to crashing due to overheating but doesnt do that while playing osu + streaming at the same time. i also have several temprature meters on my laptop