forum

[Archived] Osu somehow uninstalled automatically

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cube9112
Problem details: hi. for some reason, osu automatically uninstalled without a trace. There is no evidence of osu being in a temp file. There's only evidence that it's not. I have no clue what happened and I'm the only one with access to my PC. Now I'm here with osu reinstalled having to download my beatmaps and skin and on top of that having to set my settings. Is there any way to fix this problem?
The screenshot below shows the picture of an old replay, where osu used to be.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20220126 (latest)
Death
The game will not delete itself, so you likely have something on your PC that is deleting your files. Or your osu! folder is not actually in the location indicated in your screenshot and is actually somewhere else on your computer.
Topic Starter
Cube9112
I checked and there is no app that deleted osu. not even the antivirus. I also tried running osu before the installation. but everything was still gone. isn't there something else that can delete it or fix it?

Okay so after using file recovery which had targeted the D: folder, I somehow found osu in there. I must have moved it there in order to attempt to decrease lag. so problem solved. It still deleted the game itself, but not the data. so I just made a new folder and downloaded the game, then transferred it to the database folder. All my replays, skins, and beatmaps are back.

Moral of the story: never put osu in the D: folder or else it will appear uninstalled while it's not.
alialknani5
when I open OSU on my laptop, it says its moved or something like that, and I checked it up for the Osu.exe file, and I didn't found it, and when I open the repair osu!.exe file it sends me this:
"Problem with the shortcut
the item osu.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer properly"
does anyone let me know how to fix that please?
- Marco -

alialknani5 wrote:

when I open OSU on my laptop, it says its moved or something like that, and I checked it up for the Osu.exe file, and I didn't found it, and when I open the repair osu!.exe file it sends me this:
"Problem with the shortcut
the item osu.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer properly"
does anyone let me know how to fix that please?
Hi, please write a new topic for your issue