forum

Improvement of beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
A Rookie Hero
Since I am still pretty new to osu and over time got a basic understanding of how people make beatmaps (I don't know if that makes sense, but I can't think of another way to word it.)

I got interested in making beatmaps, so I got a song and everything and made a... good beatmap in my opinion, while I know I'll need to go over it for a final check before posting, it says I need 2 difficulty which I knew about.

Now the question of the topic, I try to build off of my easier diffculty however I don't know how to actually improve it, cause when I look at other beatmaps its obvious there's a difference between difficulty's, while mine just seem like the same thing but with some extras objects.

So does anyone have any tips on what I could do to improve them? like in the way of the general flow of it or the overall pattern of them
Sountren
So as for me since i don't see you have any beatmap i suppose you are really new to mapping so my recommendation is to:
1. Watch Pishifat's video on youtuber. He cover everything about mapping.
2. Take reference from ranked maps.
3. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQADNz2pS8ib8y_RzR5ea0GTOoQnV1bDdNSWQEwG7ZCS_DSvWq2SBOoDnFLoQjy3t88usZin5GGMDG3/pubhtml#
Look up on this it has mapping sheets Made by Taeyang and browiec like jump and slider patterns.
4. Try to get people to mod your map so that you understand more about your mistake on that map that you published. More about Modding https://youtu.be/tCydtxk8yKA and you can ask people to mod your map from here community/forums/60 .
5. Try to map songs that have simple rythm like drum n' bass (dnb) and not straight up rock.
6. Make 4-6* star map or in the range of sr that you can play so you understand or atleast feel how is the map.
7. Use earphone/headphone while mapping because some songs have hidden sounds that can only be heard using an earphone/headphone.